HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 
 

 Mission Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenji

avatar

Posts : 2444
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know ;D

PostSubject: Mission Time   30th September 2013, 8:31 pm

Cyrus stepped into the Academy Office building, looking around at the room before focusing on the receptionist in front of him. He walked up to, what he thought, was an overly large desk and offered a meek smile to the woman sitting behind it. Um, h-hi, he began with a slight whimper in his voice, I'd like to request a m-mission please. C-rank, maybe? He really hated meeting new people, especially talking to them, never mind asking them for help. Cyrus bowed his head, staring at his feet as his fingers poked against one another silently. What a pathetic looking little boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Aurielle
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9898
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 26
Location : Lost in time...I guess?

PostSubject: Re: Mission Time   1st October 2013, 7:36 pm

The receptionist wouldn't even look up and would pull out a scroll before putting it over her desk for the boy to reach. Inside there was directions to go to a campsite which apparently got attacked by a bear. Sucks, yeah it happens anyways Cyrus would be expected to escort the campers to safety while not killing the bear, however if there was no choice lethal force is authorized, apparently he would have to exit from the south of the building and when he was done he was to report back here for payment.

***********************

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Kenji

avatar

Posts : 2444
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Wouldn't you like to know ;D

PostSubject: Re: Mission Time   2nd October 2013, 1:21 pm

Cyrus took the scroll, popping it open and quickly scanning it over before looking at the rude receptionist once more and offering a simple, Uh, thanks...have a good day I guess.  The woman didn't even so much as look up at him and with that, Cyrus just turned and headed for the southern door of the building.  Some people.  He thought, shaking his head as he pushed through the door and found a dirt path leading down the hill towards a thick, eery, and very much so foreboding forest.  Yeah that's not ominous at all, wild bear attacking campers in a forest so thick it's probably nothing but perpetual darkness in there.  What could possibly go wrong?  Cyrus said allowed to no one in particular.  However, a mission was a mission and if he couldn't even complete his first one, there was no way they'd let him into the genin exams, never mind have a chance at passing them.  If he didn't pass the genin exams, he'd be stuck in this hell hole of a school until the day he died.  So with a final dramatic sigh, Cyrus stepped forward and made his way down the zigzagging dirt path towards the forest below.

To be fair, he was only half right.  True the forest was eery and the trees grew so thick and close together that it was dark, but at least it wasn't completely dark.  He could still see for the most part, but it still begged the question why anyone, never mind a group of young campers would have any desire to spend the night in a place like this.  Honestly I'd rather take my chances with the bear than spend a night here.  As if on cue, something in the bushes behind him rustled and on instinct, Cyrus hurled a kunai knife from his sleeve at the sound.  He heard it thunk against something hard and cautiously walked over to the bushes, another kunai still in hand.  He parted the bushes, ready to stab whatever lay in his way, but found only his knife sticking out of the base of the tree.  Cyrus rolled his eyes, obviously on edge and trying to talk himself into calmness, Cyrus retrieved the kunai, tucking it back into his sleeve before turning and making his way back down the path and towards the supposed location of the campers.

Darn nerves, need to just relax.  If you run up hilly, the bear will get silly...or something, I don't remember how it goes but basically if you run up hill, the bear can't chase you...or was it down?  Well whatever, point is as long as I'm faster than at least one of these campers, I'm good.  Cyrus smiled as he continued walking, making a mental note to stop talking to himself even if no one else was around.  We can hear you, you realize that, right?  Cyrus froze as he looked around, trying to find the source of the voice.  Up here.  Confused, Cyrus turned his head so it was looking up at the tree tops only to find about half a dozen kids huddled up in the tree branches.  Oh...found 'em.   Well let's go people, don't want to stick around here for that bear.  For a long minute, no one spoke, and not a single camper made a move to come down out of the trees.  We're not leaving, the bear is still around here.  Go kill it, then we'll come down.  The one from before said.  Cyrus rolled his eyes, Look I just walked all the way down here, didn't see a single sign of the bear.  I promise, if you come down, I'll keep you safe, but we have to move quick.  The kid smiled, Yeah, okay, you're gonna protect us from the bear?  Alone?  Riiiiiight.  Cyrus sighed before biting his finger and forming several hand seals quickly.  Six clouds of smoke appeared all around him as he summoned his sharks who all looked around the area mildly confused as to why they had been summoned.  

There, now look, there are 7 of us to protect you, happy?  You each get a shark, now come down.  Cyrus said, somewhat pleadingly.  This seemed to suffice for the children as their apparent leader nodded to them and one by one they climbed out of the tree.  Alright guys, each of you take a kid and let's get out of this place.  The shark pups all nodded silently before assigning themselves to a camper and turning back to Cyrus, waiting for instructions.  Okay good, I'll take point and you guy-  A bellowing roar ripped through the near silence of the forest as Cyrus froze in place.  Very slowly he turned around to find not just a bear, but a freaking goliath sized bear not twenty feat behind him.  This thing was at least three times the size of a normal bear with menacing bone spikes protruding from its back and shoulders.  Now what?  The boy from before asked, not even trying to hide his fear.  Now?  Cyrus asked as he felt the color drain from his face and his legs begin to shake, Now we run.  

Without a word, the campers, sharks, and even Cyrus took off sprinting up the path.  As if on cue, the bear, angered by its prey leaving, gave chase.  Cyrus could feel the ground beneath them shudder with each gallop of the massive animal.  Run FASTER!!  Cyrus yelled, trying to maintain his place at the back of the pack and keeping his body between the bear and the campers.  He wanted nothing more than to sprint far past these dumb little kids and sit safely back in his dorm with a mug of hot chocolate, but if the kids died, so did his chances of getting home.  Unfortunately, although bears generally weren't fast, and this one was no different, it was massive.  Each step it took was about three of Cyrus's own and the thing was gaining on them much faster than Cyrus would have liked.  Finally, the ground seemed to incline, which slowed the kids down, but gave Cyrus an idea.  

Dax!  On me!  Without a word, the odd dog-like shark peeled off from his assigned camper and slowed to match the pace of his summoner.  I need you to hit that thing's feet with your best Earth Flow Surge, ok?  Dax nodded as they continued running.  Cyrus waited for the incline to get at its absolute worst, and at this point he could feel the hot breath of the creature on his back.  Okay, do it now Dax!  Cyrus declared as the shark pup turned, immediately causing the earth in front of him to shift and slide across itself.  To Cyrus's delight, he watched as the bear behemoth had its feet taking out from under it and smacked across the moving earth, being carried far down into the forest below, but none worse for the wear.  Good job Dax, alright kids, head inside, your parents are probably waiting for you or something.  No need to thank me, you're all very welcome for saving you.  

Without a single thank you or word of acknowledgment, the kids all filed into the main building.  No really, no need to thank me or anything.  Cyrus muttered, rolling his eyes but following behind them, desummoning his pups, Thanks guys, you did great.  Cyrus walked over to the receptionist, breathing hard and probably looking a little worse for the wear, but he held out his hand in the direction of the rescued campers.  Eh?  Not bad, right?  Got anything else?

Words: 1326
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Aurielle
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9898
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 26
Location : Lost in time...I guess?

PostSubject: Re: Mission Time   2nd October 2013, 1:32 pm

The receptionist looked up and nodded and a shinobi would teleport into the area before motioning for the campers to follow him. The receptionist on the other hand would debate telling him to rest however he seemed eager so she gave him a gardening mission apparently someone gave the plants some weird fertilizer so all the venus fly traps that the employer was raising kind of grew and started saying feed me. Weird, regardless it was another C-rank, weeding and what not.

***********************

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission Time   

Back to top Go down
 
Mission Time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MISSION TIME [Kumo genin]
» Aiding the Hospital: Outbreak(mission)(closed)
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Beginnings :: Imperial Continent (Land of the Shogunate) :: Main Buildings-
Jump to: