Share | 

Kenjutsu 102

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 12:11 pm

The chunin instructor was currently sitting in the seiza position as she drank tea in her classroom turned dojo and was waiting for her students to arrive. There were numerous wooden bokken on the walls and various mats for the students to sit upon and their was a single black bokken which was laying in front of her as she waited. A few notable names popped up here and their; Typhuzo Redarin, Valen-Hei Ogura, Jinpachi Mikaboshi that was pretty much it.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com Online

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 4:18 pm

Typhuzo made his way to the mat in the front of the room, facing the teacher. He sat down in the front because he wanted to learn as much as he could, so he could be the best he could be. He would raise his hand and then speak, "Typhuzo Redarin here."
Back to top Go down
Chidi

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 4:35 pm

Jinpachi would walk in the classroom feeling pretty mellow of course, that was his attitude mainly all day. His expression followed suit as his face was blank with emotion as he noticed his other classmate stating his name to the sensei who was apparently in tranquility as she had her cup of tea. There was a black bokken in front of her and some on the wall, he would notice they were sitting on mats like samurai do so he would sit like her a few mats away from Typhuzo. " Jinpachi Mikaboshi is my name and I hope to learn alot, nice to meet you. "

Perfect Disorder:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 9:04 pm

She would continue sipping her tea before closing her eyes and would wait patiently, the classroom wasn't full yet besides she wanted to see how patient they were. Regardless she had her own pace for things and once she knew they had settled in she would begin the class and not a moment sooner. Sure enough ten minutes passed by and she would open her eyes while clearing her throat to get the classroom's attention. This is Kenjutsu 102. All of you please get a bokken from the side of the classroom and return to your mat and sit in the seiza position. she said her voice quiet yet full of authority as she put her cup down about a foot to her right.

Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 10:00 pm

Valen entered the classroom, a little late, but he made it it was a little hard for him to find since he hadn't roamed the school yet to find his classes. "Sorry I'm late got lost haha" he saw that the others were all in front of her and she just told everyone to grab a bokken from the wall, Valen however already had his sword and his own bokken as well. His bokken was a base white with an actual sword hilt, also it weighted the same as a standard katana although the design was a bit different as it had an extra wooden blade that covered over his knuckles and extended past the hilt, his own personal design. He rather then sitting like everyone else risked backlash by sitting with his back leaning against the wall and his knees bent while the pads of his feet touched the ground both his sword and bokken were resting against him and the wall between his legs.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 10:05 pm

Ana entered the classroom "Kenjutsu...finally" she says to herself as she sees everyone in the seiza position with a bokken in hand. She looks around to see if there are any left "Ah. Here we go" she goes to where the bokkens are and picks one up. She then goes and sit down in the seiza position with the other students.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   11th November 2013, 11:13 pm

Typhuzo got up slowly and grabbed a whatever the thing was off the wall. He didn't remember what it was called and he didn't care. He made his way back to his seat and didn't know what the seiza position was, he just looked around and sat how the other kids were sitting.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 3:47 am

Valen kept his eyes over the other students as he waited for the instructor to either start the lesson or give him backlash for not sitting like the rest. 'Hmmm i see familiar faces in the class, not bad i guess.' he rolled his shoulders as he pulled his custom bokken out as he laid it to next to him ready to be grabbed. "By chance did you participate in this academy before sensei?"

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chidi

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 4:07 am

Jinpachi would patiently wait sitting in the same position as the teacher while she sipped her tea and waited also, what for he didn't know but one thing was for sure she took her time. Jin was mellow getting into a peaceful mood when the teacher would suddenly give them an order, getting up he would go grab a bokken off of the wall then returned to his set sitting in the same position waiting for her next command.

Perfect Disorder:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 11:43 am

Genso was moving or at the moment moving fast through the halls and down too the door which stated Kenjustu 102, He pushed the door open and gave a sigh falling down with his hands on his knee's as his dark blue eye's scanned the room. The most notable way to distinguish him from others would be his red and blue beanie. The base of the hat is blue, with the end being red. It has a red cotton ball stitched into the top. Today, he wears a plain shirt, with a matching red scarf around his neck, For his lower body he wears dark blue shinobi sweats and regular shinobi sandals on his feet. He would grab a bokken and take a seat near the front.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 4:42 pm

the wait was over baring to Valen, each of his classes seemed to want to try his patience at this point he stood up and walked over to Jinpachi and shrugged. "While we wait lets spar, i can't sit still. I need to do something to progress, I understand that patience is needed, but just patience will get us killed so how about it?" Valen wasn't sure how well the one he randomly approached would respond to his request, he seemed to be very obedient.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 5:04 pm

Yes, I was in the second graduating class but that was a long while ago. The chunin instructor suddenly said answering the question which was asked of her by one of the students. She would look at the lot of them mainly to see how they had fared during the waiting period before she would calmly pick up her bokken and smoothly transition from sitting into a standing ready stance. Stand up, if you got a bokken which was too large or too small, return it and pick a more size appropriate one. You will know the difference when it is neither too light or too heavy when held with a single hand. she said waiting for those who had made a mistake to obtain the correct size of bokken for themselves.

Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 5:24 pm

Due to a rather awkward bother that happened earlier, R'tari was very late for this class. He stepped into the room, his Amatsu floating just off of his back while his eyes scanned around for a moment. He then grinned and wandered over to a bokken, kicking one of them up and into his hand, it was a bit heavy. So he put it back and pulled out another one, this one a bit better and rotated it a few times around his wrist. "I apologise, Sensei, for being late. I had a last minute change of heart. My name is R'tari Mikaboshi and I was told to join this class." He smiled at the sensei and then took a spot near the front of the class, readying the bokken for when the lesson properly started.

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

This has been a friendly PSA from Dadmin Blade. Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 7:33 pm

Ana stood up and held her bokken and twirled it around, and starts moving around then did a vertical slash downward, being careful of the other students and then stopped, and took a deep breath "This feels good to me" she says to herself. "Holding the sword would be holding it long enough would make it heavier than it usually is, would it?" she asked.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 8:31 pm

Valen shrugged. "Looks like we will be starting now then" he turned towards the teacher before returning to the wall he was relaxing at and leaned against it waiting to see how this teacher would do things. It wasn't all that bad seeing as he would be able to practice soon. Then he caught a late student entering the room, 'heh another late one haha at least i wasn't the only one right?'

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   12th November 2013, 9:39 pm

Precisely. Now that each of you have a bokken I want you to watch me carefully and repeat the Kata as I go through them. I will go slowly as this is merely the fundamentals which encompass any actual Kenjutsu style. Kenjutsu isn't like, Taijutsu or Ninjutsu or any of the other types of techniques in the world, there isn't a universal fit, your body, your emotions, your identity as a whole influences your Kenjutsu. Your sword when preforming Kenjutsu should be treated like the extension of your own body, and it is for that reason that you can't simply learn any type of Kenjutsu, every body type has a specific preference and your mindset likewise influences how you used that style. The chunin instructor said as she began a rising swing followed by an overhead swing. She would do so four more times before she would pause and preform an upward jab followed by a downward jab, before a straight and would then begin to alternate in between the three.

Back to top Go down
Omen

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   13th November 2013, 1:12 am

Sanzos footsteps could be heard leading up to the dojo more like fierce stomps as he ran. He had been late already this day and it was now going to be the second time. This dwelled on his mind. He could see the instructor swinging a bokken and just through her dedication to it knew that she could do some serious damage to him for being late. As his feet hit the entrance Sanzo found himself at a screeching stop and almost a ground touching bow. He did not lift his head as he spoke out of breath. "haaa.... haaaa.....s..ssorry Sensei I did not meen to be late. p..p..p..please don't hurt me!" His worry clearly shown as was his exhaustion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chidi

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   13th November 2013, 2:48 am

Jinpachi had found himself gracefully doing the same Kata's that his sensei asked the whole class to perform, it was not everyday you was being taught about these things. Jin thought over what his sensei said about not everybody fits the same stlye so he would ask a simple question. "What style of kenjutsu would be more focused on fast and liquid movements?" He had to know so he could pursue in it, his mellowness would show as he went the Kata's again but slowly when a late boy came begging to the teacher.

Perfect Disorder:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   13th November 2013, 8:04 pm

Typhuzo began swinging just as the teacher did. He would copy her movements continuing to look at the thing inbetween his hands. He wondered what kind of style would suit him the best. It would probably be fast and light since that was how he rolled.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   13th November 2013, 9:42 pm

Valen stepped away from the group as he practiced at first the same way as everyone else before changing up his stance giving him a more freeflow form as he like water kept his movements solid but flexible as his swings differed then the rest. He was in the motion of attempting to figure out the best way to use Kenjutsu to his personal preference.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omen

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   13th November 2013, 10:03 pm

Sanzo did not wait for the Sensei reaction, Instead he would do all he could to get up to speed with the class. He had an actual fear of the Sensei beating him, not an uncommon thing at home. After lifting his head he quickly ran to grab a bokken and found himself in formation. The other students were doing there kata despite the interuption. After an awkward glance at the Sensei Sanzo would begin following the other students. THe kata was simple enough and although Kenjutsu was not his strong suit, it was not his weakest either. The sword felt awkward in his hands, he was used to practicing with a weighted chain or rope. However the kata itself could be used with any weapon in his hands. "This...is so not my style..." he thought to himself as he repeated each motion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   14th November 2013, 2:20 pm

There are many styles which revolve around that concept, and those which emphasis speed over a free flowing style, for example Tenmetsu Ko is an example of pure speed, Dance of the Crescent Moon is an example of a free flowing style and Iaido is an example of both mixed together albeit with a higher emphasis on the smooth draw while simultaneously striking an opponent. She said as the bell would ring prompting her to finish and place the bokken down. Finish the kata and then you can leave, those who were late take care not to do it anymore, I give latecomers 3 chances before I fail them. Next class meeting is on Wednesday, Class Dismissed.

Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   14th November 2013, 2:34 pm

Thank goodness this teacher actually let him off with being late, next time he would be here early to make up for it. With a smile on his face he swung through the Kata with determination and joy. He loved being able to use his talents and he would continue to use them and get better at them. 'Just you wait, Itami, one day I will wield you properly!' He told his Amatsu as he ran through the Kata. He would become a damn good shinobi, perhaps he'd even make his Clan proud despite the fact he couldn't use any of their chakra natures. Then again, R was different, the Mika didn't like that, they were all perfect and he wasn't and that made him happy. Out of nowhere, R'tari burst into manic laughter as he finished the movements and put the Bokken away. He then left the classroom, feeling better after that.

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

This has been a friendly PSA from Dadmin Blade. Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   14th November 2013, 2:41 pm

Genso would finish the kata and place the bokken he was using away, the class was pretty long but he felt bummed that he didn't get a full learning experience from the class, the fault was all his own though. He slowly walked out off the class placing his hands in his pockets before moving down the crowded hallway.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   14th November 2013, 2:46 pm

Ana did her kata slowly the first time to make sure she got the moves down and then sped it up to normal speed, and then finished. She then put the bokken back where it was, and left the room awaiting the next class period she had in the class.

[exit]

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenjutsu 102   

Back to top Go down

Kenjutsu 102
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next