HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

Off to the Grave (Traveling)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenji

PostSubject: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   11th April 2014, 11:32 pm

Laxus looked out past the thick wooden railing of the ship as it bobbed in the ocean. Behind him he could hear the bow of the ship slice through water as the sails carried the small but quick vessel across the sea. The captain was from the Land of Graves himself and had offered Laxus and his fellow Hakagakure brothers free travel, knowing full well he'd be paid handsomely for his troubles upon returning them back to their homeland. As Laxus stood towards the aft of the ship, he watched the academy shrink in the distance. Next time I return to this country, it will be to burn it to the ground. He though to himself, his hands tightening into fists in his pockets as he stared off into the distance.

After a long few minutes he turned towards the front of the boat once again. The captain had some training in wind chakra himself and had promised a quick and safe voyage. Laxus had never been a fan of the ocean, it made him, and more importantly his insects, uneasy. With no ground to burrow into or fresh earth to hide in, Laxus felt naked and undefended. It didn't help that if they were attacked his garden would nearly consume the ship, possibly compromising the integrity of it and sending them all to the bottom of the sea and an early grave. I have far too much to do to be l'm lost at sea. He thought silently. We have far too much to do. Ariagnae chimed in and Cyrus simply smiled. The faster the journey, the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   12th April 2014, 6:17 pm

On the other side of the ship one of the other individual from Hakagakure was sitting. His back was pressed against the railing and his head was bowed, red eyes staring at the ground as he pondered over many things really... All of it subconscious, his true thoughts were taken by a conversation that he was currently having with Morghul. 'Are you sad to see it go Arikiko?' The voice whispered into his mind, a dusty, thrumming wind. 'I do not believe so Morghul, I hated it from the moment I went there, I just wish I could've helped to burn it down or at least kill some Shogunate before I left.' A sigh went inwards and Morghul chuckled dryly. 'You will have time for that later on Arikiko, worry not, there will be many months of this war, maybe even years, you shall enjoy yourself and kill many people.' As Arikiko went to smile, a sudden ripping pain shot through his skull and he ground his teeth.

When he came to a couple of seconds later, the blackness receding from the corners of his eyes and the fog escaping his mind, he looked up and around. No one had noticed anything but the pain was still burning at the base of his skull. 'Morghul, what was that?' He asked and the Axe sent a soft sound of consternation into his mind. Apparently Morghul didn't even know what had happened. How bothersome. Arikiko sighed softly and reached up, rubbing his eyes to try and alleviate the pain but nothing was helping at all... Well nothing but time at least.

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

This has been a friendly PSA from Dadmin Blade. Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   13th April 2014, 6:08 pm

"I hate this...." Taishoku would say as he was leaning over the edge of the boat, vomiting into the sea. He hated traveling by sea, never getting used to the felling of being on a boat. "...I wonder how the others are dealing with being on this god awful thing..."Taishoku say thinking that he wasn't the only one that was feeling sea sick. How pitiful he felt the heir of the kurogane couldn't even handle riding on boat, if any of his fellow clans man or even shinobi saw him like this he wouldn't blame them from laughing at him. Taishoku didn't have an issue with the sea it was just ridding on a boat was too much for him. He would whip the vomit he had on his mouth and fall back on the floor of the ship, slowly getting to his feet, struggling to stand on the damn ship. He would hold his head as he would just fall back down and lay up against the wall, he would just stay in this spot.If he was able to he would sit there till they reached land. As he sat there he would hold his gourd close to him, hoping he would be able to stand up and vomit into the sea and not have to put it within his gourd. But he would have that then it over himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   13th April 2014, 8:27 pm

Laxus sighed and walked over towards the center of the deck, it was time to talk to the others. They'd need to file a report with the Kage and Laxus would certainly need to have a chat with Belladonna before they started making moves. The Kage would have to be usurped and Hakagakure declared an official enemy of the Shogun. Before that though, they'd need to set some things up, usurping a Kage wasn't as easy as it sounded, And it doesn't sound that easy to begin with. Laxus thought, mentally sighing. He looked at Taishoku and Arikiko and crossed his arms, looking them both over. So in light of recent events, any thoughts you two would like to share? We have a lot to discuss and even more to do.
Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   13th April 2014, 8:57 pm

The pain had started to subside now after such a time and Arikiko finally looked up to where Laxus was. This man interested Arikiko and he was a much higher rank which meant that Arikiko should probably listen to him. "My thoughts on the current situation? My thoughts are what they've always been, we strike first before they have a chance to build their defenses. No one expected a war to occur so we have a choice between building defenses or striking out as quickly as we can, eliminating our opponents one by one and weakening the shogunate with each strike. Laxus, you are my current superior so I ask if you would allow me onto the battlefield? I understand that I am a Genin and still young but I am combat ready. Give me a squad and I'll show you what I can do." He rose to his feet, a solemn look on his face as he rotated Morghul around and planted his haft into the ground. "In the end though, if you believe I would be better elsewhere, I will listen to your judgement and do as you ask."

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   13th April 2014, 9:15 pm

Taishoku closed his eyes as he listened to Laxus. And he continued to listen when the genin , Arikiko, and didn't like what he heard from the boy. "Honestly, I don't think we can do anything other than report what happened at the academy to the kage. I can't picture Desmond wanting to go to war."Taishoku says as he opens his eyes and looks at Laxus. Taishoku truly hated that about his fellow clansmen, the kage. He felt that any sign of a war or something that will have their village break away from the hold of the Shogun." Sigh, something must be done about him." Taishoku says was a calm but depressed tone. He begin thinking that the kage shouldn't keep his position due to the fact he would probably side with or keep their village neutral in the war. Taishoku would stand up, slowly, and make his way to the side of the ship.Leaning over the edge and looking down at the sea before vomiting. He would look from the water and look at Arikiko, but turned his view back to the sea vomiting once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   13th April 2014, 9:53 pm

Laxus listened closely to both of them, nodding as they spoke. However as Arikiko began to ask about a position on the main battlefield, Laxus cut in with a simple, No. He let that hang in the air for a moment before finishing his thought. Arikiko you will be with me. You show potential, don't think I don't know that, but not as a battlefield commander. Stay close to me, I'll be in dire need of your assistance in these upcoming weeks. Taishoku, I'm going to need you to rally your clan. We need the full backing of the Kurogane Clan if we're going to take Desmond...out of office. Laxus sighed and crossed the deck to the railing of the ship, staring out into the abyss of blue. A faint wind blew across the open water. It was nice, refreshing, illuminating. As for Desmond, steps are already being made to take care of that problem. I'll worry about the big picture if you two can support me in what I need. By the end of the month, there will be a new Kage and a village ready for war.
Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   14th April 2014, 3:54 pm

A dark look crossed Arikiko's face as Laxus seemed to be about to straight up not allow him to fight but just as Arikiko began to speak, Laxus finished the idea. It caused the Yoroi to stop and furrow his eyebrows, a pensive look overtaking the angry one that had been in place before. "You wish for me to fight by your side? I believe I can manage that and in fact it may be a better place for me than out in open combat. However... I do suggest that we attack when we can, it will take a while for defenses to be constructed so if we can strike out, we can establish a breachhead in the enemy positions." Arikiko nodded after that before sighing and sitting back down now that his part was done. He placed Morghul on the ground and for the first time, managed to block out the voice that had plagued him... Wait, had Morghul plagued him? He growled to himself and rubbed his eyes, trying to make sense of his own thoughts but it wasn't easy. In fact, Arikiko could scarcely do it and he arched himself over, hands gripping at his head for a few seconds before he shook it off and looked up. Everything was calm once more, clear... Thank Kami.

~A message to all~

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   14th April 2014, 4:16 pm

"That shouldn't be much trouble." Taishoku says. Him being the heir to the clan it wouldn't be difficult for him to get them on his side and against Desmond, even if he is the kage. It was a know fact within his clan that he was going to be taking the title of Clan Head." What kind of steps are being made to take care of him?" Taishoku says. Even though he wanted Desmond out of office he didn't want something bad to happen to his fellow clansman, unless it was necessary. As he waited to hear Laxus's response he looked over a Arikiko, but still didn't know what to say to the kid. Taishoku thought of something but he had to get up and lean over the edge of the ship once again. He was getting tired of this and was planning on going to sleep when his conversation with Laxus ended. Maybe going to sleep would stop him from throwing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   14th April 2014, 9:43 pm

Laxus nodded to himself, good, the genin was smart. With Arikiko under his wing, a piece of clay like that would be ripe for the molding. Down by the docks while they had waited for the ship to go, he had heard the whispers and seen the sideways glances of the people that had seen Arikiko fight at the academy. They feared him. That was good. Taishoku seemed more than willing to attempt to rally the troops to usurp Desmond as well. As heir to the Shinto clan, Laxus knew he had both his own clan and the Yaju in his pocket as well. Three out of five wasn't bad, that was a strong sense of victory should there be a civil war in the village in the midst of this civil war against the West Continent. Still, he'd much prefer the backing of all five of Hakagakure's clans. No fighting meant no loss of troops and increased Desmond's chances for survival and peaceful surrender.

Turning to Taishoku he frowned, At this time I don't know the exact plan to get rid of him, hopefully we can manage a peaceful surrender on his part and simply lock him away. In fact, later on in the war he may be used, but for now I can't tell you anything for certain. Know this however, the plan to usurp Desmond has been in place and steps have been taken long before anyone defied the Kage. I will meet with my...superior I suppose you could call her. As soon as I have information, you two will. That is my reward for your loyalty. We are equals, only our talents differ.

Laxus sighed before looking at Arikiko, he didn't want to upset the boy. This was a tender time, he could not seem like an overbearing leader that decided to take the reins when Taishoku and Arikiko weren't looking. He truly thought of these two as his equal, but needed to make sure they knew that. It's a good plan Arikiko, but not on a grand scale. The Shogunate outnumber and out fund us immensely. Right now, while we're still thought of as undecided and our allegiances lie neutral among the hidden villages and Shogun, we must worry about ourselves. The Shogun will be more concerned with those villages that have officially declared war, we should capitalize on this time to settle matters in our own land so that Hakagakure is as prepared as possible for when it does enter the war. At that time, we will hit them fast, and hard. He paused a moment, catching his breath and mulling over his thoughts. The salty sea air was beginning to sting his face and eyes as the ship cut through the rolling waters. That being said, I like your plan and we will need to let the other villages, those that have gone against the Shogun, know that we are supporting them. Sending small man squads to those villages to aid them and dress as their own might not be a bad idea. I will report your idea and give you full credit, it is certainly something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   14th April 2014, 9:54 pm

"I have only one question now." Taishoku says as he seemed to not appear feeling sea sick anymore.He would stand and lean against the wall of the ship,"Who is your superior who has already planned to take Desmond out of office?"Taishoku asks. He wasn't to sure on who that person was and really wanted to know. Because if someone already wanted to take his fellow clansman out of office before the war he wondered what their plans were for the village. That person would probably be the one to take the kage position from Desmond, which really interested Taishoku. Taishoku honestly didn't know who he was talking about, not knowing and caring to get to know other shinobi that belong to the village he hasn't spoken to. As the boat swayed a little Taishoku would fall to the ground, feeling sea sick once again. He would just stay where he fell, his face on the deck on the ship, as he waited for Laxus to answer him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   16th April 2014, 10:56 am

Laxus frowned and opened his mouth to answer Taishoku, but stopped. He contemplated whether these two should really know Belladonna until absolutely necessary. Arikiko hadn't been in the village when Desmond had given out the orders to track Bijuu, make alliances, and other such tasks for the village. Taishoku however had not gone with Belladonna, he had taken on a different mission. Could Taishoku be trusted at this stage? If he went to Desmond after they got off the ship, then what? The mission would be compromised, Belladonna would face execution and something told Laxus he'd be right behind her. Luckily sea sickness overcame Taishoku before Laxus had a chance to answer and instinctively he reached out to grab the falling boy. Easing him to the floor of the deck, he propped him up against the railing, Whoa, easy there, just relax. Not much for the sea, huh? He asked with a slight chuckle, Yeah, can't say I've ever been a huge fan either. It shouldn't be too long though, we're making very good time as far as I can tell. You might want to head below deck, sleep it off. We're mostly done talking here and there will be ample opportunity to talk when we reach land again.
Back to top Go down
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   18th April 2014, 1:55 pm

"Yea you may be right."Taishoku says as he would attempt to stand, but was unable to." Since we are close I will just sit here."Taishoku thinks it would be better not to move, he didn't want to vomit anymore and hopefully on anyone. Taishoku would lay his head back on the railing,"Laxus, what are you going to do when we get back to the village? Well after we handle what we talked about earlier." Taishoku had forgot that he had asked Laxus about superior, and probably wouldn't remember until they got of the boat. He had a tried look on his face, Taishoku really wanted to go home. But that was mainly so he could have something to eat, since his mother was going to prepare him a feast for passing the jonin exams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   18th April 2014, 2:03 pm

Laxus smiled, That's fine, let me know if you need anything though. He said to his fellow Jonin as the boy propped himself up against the deck railing. He frowned however at Taishoku's question. What am I going to do? He asked himself silently, standing up right and leaning against the railing, Taishoku sitting to his right as he looked out over the railing, staring down at the endless blue beneath him. I guess...after Desmond is removed from office...we'll be going to war. He said simply, mulling it over in his head. War, Laxus had never seen war. Come to think of it, no living person had, not since the Shogun came to power many, many years ago.  Would they be ready? Could they handle war? I'm going to kill the Shogun and give the shinobi nations their freedom back, just like the freedom my ancestors had. I'm tired of orders and superiors, limits and rules. Some might call me an anarchist, and I wouldn't correct them.
Back to top Go down
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   18th April 2014, 2:38 pm

Taishoku would chuckle at what Laxus said," Kill the shogun? How do you plan on doing that before me." Taishoku says jokingly. Everyone one in the world who was going against the shoguns's rule wanted his head, but who could really kill him. Taishoku couldn't denin the fact that the Shogun was probably the strongest in the world currently and the person to kill him would be considered a legend. The person who defeated the mighty shogun and freed the nations from his grip. Taishoku would look up at him as sad expression on his face."Do you think this war would end all other wars? And when we are all free from the shogun there would be peace?" Taishoku spoke serious wanting to understand what Laxus thought would happen after the war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   18th April 2014, 8:26 pm

Laxus nodded, Heh, I like that attitude. The salty wind blew across the ocean as he stood by the railing, as the boat rocked in the waves, he could understand why Taishoku was having such trouble with the seasickness. His stomach rolled as they sailed, though to be honest he couldn't tell if that was from the sea or the cocktail of emotions he was feeling. Excitement, sadness, wonder, amazement, hope, fear even. They were all there, tucked away deep inside, but there all the same. For a long moment he didn't answer Taishoku, having forgotten about him as Laxus himself became lost in his own thoughts. End all other wars? Laxus said, drifting off again. The wind blew once more, cooling his face. When had he started sweating? Laxus shrugged it off and smiled, Hm no, I think it's only the beginning of many wars to come.
Back to top Go down
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   18th April 2014, 8:36 pm

"I feel the same way."Taishoku says as he looks up at the sky, a smile on his face. He didn't know what to say talk about for a second but something came to mind like always. He had one piece of BBQ left in the bag he held, pulling it out he would eat it, hoping he wouldn't throw it up."It's weird that we don't talk much to each other even though we are both Plagues."He says as he licks his fingers, his eyes still set on the beautiful sky, which seemed to be the only thing stopping him from vomiting."So are we friends?" He asks Laxus. As Taishoku thought about it he didn't have many friends other then those within his clan and a few others, and wanted to see if Laxus would like to be one of his friends. Taishoku wouldn't take it in bad way if Laxus said no and didn't want to be friends with him; no matter Laxus's answer Taishoku would go along with the plan they had discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   19th April 2014, 11:19 am

Laxus shrugged, I don't know to be honest, I guess we just have our own things going on. It's just the two of us in the group right now. If we get more members, we can start holding meetings and such. Laxus continued watching the ocean, for a moment he thought he could see a few fish swimming beneath the waves, as if they were following the boat. Just like that however, they were gone. He tuned back in to Taishoku just in time to hear his question about friendship. Laxus shook his head, sad, but honest, Friends? No. I don't have any friends, especially during a time of war. If you get close to people, and you lose them, your whole world can crumble right in front of you. I don't want to have that kind of loss. He said, falling silent once more before realizing how harsh his words may have been, However, if we both make it out of this war alive, I'd gladly consider you my first friend.
Back to top Go down
Taishoku

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   20th April 2014, 6:25 pm

"Okay." Is all Taishoku would say not seeing a reason for him to say anything else, mainly because he didn't know what to say. He would look away from the sky and then at his hands, thinking of what they have done and what they will do in the war. Taishoku didn't know actually what he would do to contribute to the war then fight on the main lines, but he didn't want that. He would be more interested in gain more allies by visiting villages that want war with the shogun, but he realized he wouldn't be able to do that until Desmond was out of the kage position and if the new one wanted to gain allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   20th April 2014, 6:30 pm

Laxus sighed and stood upright again, away from the railing before heading towards the stairs leading to their cabins. We should be docking in Haka by tomorrow morning, I'm going to catch up on some sleep before then. We have a long few days ahead of us and I'd suggest you do the same. He said with a friendly smile before disappearing down beneath the ship. As he dropped into his bunk, he stared at the ceiling, thinking about anything and everything. He had plenty to do and plenty of things he needed to avoid if he wanted to keep his head in the next few months. With a sigh he let the rock of the boat slowly drift him off to sleep. In the morning he would wake up in the Land of Graves and make the short journey home before really kicking this war off.

OOC: 20 posts, traveling complete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Grave (Traveling)   

Back to top Go down

Off to the Grave (Traveling)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1