HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to NB or Welcome back, either way your here now. Awesome <3

Share | 

The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xander

PostSubject: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   6th June 2014, 7:58 am

I've heard rumors of a tournament of sorts? To decide the war, but so far I see nothing is happening. So I thought why not make the sign up so we can get it over with and get things done. This is simply me adapting something which was mentioned in the chat according to my sources.

--------------------------------

For the Tournaments however I propose we do something different, in ancient times often before wars broke out they would send their strongest fighters and pit them against each other pretty much to gauge the other armies strength. Since the site really doesn't have a lot of people we could use this gauging to essentially give victories and losses etc in order to capture areas rather than making huge amounts of npcs and waging war which...as it seems no one is doing right now.

First Part

Inter-Village Tournament to determine the stance of the villages and which sub-faction they are deciding to follow in regards to that.

Spoiler:

Second Part

Land Tournament which is 1 person representing their specific villages, factions and sub-groups.

Factions to be represented.
1. Pro-Shogunate
2. Anti-Shogunate
3. Missing Nin
4. Dobutsu
5. Neutrals.

Sub-Factions to be Represented.
1. Imperialistic
2. Nationalistic
3. Organizations
4. Blade
5. Gekihen
6. Dobutsu Council
7. Midnight Buccaneers
8. Pandora

Villages to be Represented.
1. Samui
2. Ibara
3. Kaos
4. Haka
5. Shi
6. Dipu
7. Genso
8. Kohai
9. Owari
10. Jigoku
11. Himei

Spoiler:

Final Part

The World Tournament, to determine the fate of the entire Shinobi World, as by this time all of the lands will already be laid claim to by the various factions and major sub-factions like Dobutsu, Gekihen etc. Once this tournament is over it will determine exactly what happens next and we can get on with our lives.

Spoiler:

So tell me what you think.

"I've grown disillusioned with the idea of a shinobi, innumerable amounts of them are seen running around throwing around flashy ninjutsu and have lost sight of what it truly means to be a true assassin. Perhaps I'll be the one to shatter that illusion, and reeducate the populace on what it really means...to be called, Shinobi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   6th June 2014, 10:35 pm

Merrr....so much text. *shrugs* I can't mod a war right now and my mods and other admins aren't as...dedicated as I am (lies they just don't have as much free time as I usually do/actually have things to do outside of the forum). Either way you pretty much took Roxas' suggestion and organized it so meh. I suppose I'm fine with it.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Roxas

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   6th June 2014, 10:46 pm

I don't want this to be made OOC. Everytime something is made OOC it slowly dies. What I'm going to do is send my NPC to each village to make my proposal. How each village goes about choosing their champion will be up to them. If they dont want to participate they don't have to. If they want to fight a war, then by all means. If missing nin or dobutsu want to invade or something, then go ahead. I'm making this tournament strictly IC so as to not make it a clear cut line that needs to be followed. It will be merely an IC suggestion for people to take it how they see fit. Now I know that posting this here doesn't mean it has to be done. But let's face it, most of the populace just goes with whats posted rather than making their own plots and decisions from whats happening. Well, through my way they either just go with an unknowing flow or create their own flow. I will be making topics within each village and the shogunate's main area over the next few days. No details besides what is spoken here will be shared. Want to know more? Wait till your told IC. Have questions? Ask them IC. You can PM me for anything that might be unable to be asked IC. If it won't interfere too much then I'll answer. Otherwise, just continue on with your own devices as if the war is still going on, cause it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   6th June 2014, 11:05 pm

I think what he's saying is a IC thing. Hence why some of the stuff includes that it's a IC thing and that people will and can die etc etc. Meaning they'll be actual topics and actual tournaments spread across different lands. But yawnz Rox does have a point people might still invade but ultimately I think it should be more organized because at this point No One is Doing Anything. Even those that are what can one really do, attack a village that no one will post in then what? Take over the land that no one is posting in. That's just pointless. Something needs to be done at the very least.

Back to top Go down
Roxas

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   7th June 2014, 12:03 am

If I was an ass I'd just do the posts, if no one posted then bam, I'll call it an auto-takeover. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   7th June 2014, 1:11 am

First part - so for this part I say one person can't represent two villages, I'd what the selection process is for each village for which person is to represent them. With that since this one isn't killing, I'm willing to allow the use of an npc to do the fighting, with the npc being the rank of the highest person in the village, or they can all be sanin. But make note these npcs is only for this first part, after its over can not be used again.

Second part - question, can a claimed land be reclaimed? Say haka takes land of graves, can somebody else come in and take it after or once it's taken that is it.

Make note each village must claim the land they want through tourney, I am emphasizing this because villages do not own any lands, I.e. shigakure does not own land of silence.

Two parties must be present for tourneys to occur, two of the same village can fight but not same ideals, two shigakure pro - shogun imperialist will not start a tourney, if one is pro and the other is anti then a tourney will begin, yes shigakure will win but it will move things along.

This part seems more strategy, if you attempt to claim more lands you might leave your village vulnerable but if you want land you will need to move some shinobi. So no npcs on this one, speak to the other people in your village.

Final part - it's okay

Overall - I personally wanted the war, however yes things are not moving along so is this can get things moving hopefully.

Regal Requirements to next promo:
Blacksmith:
0/1 SSS-rank specialty weapon
0/1 SS-rank specialty weapons
0/2 SS-rank weapons
3/5 S-rank weapons
1/1 Large puppet design
0/3 Medium puppet designs
0/5 humanoid puppet designs

Scholar: (Learn)
0/1 SS-ranks
0/2 S-ranks
0/4 A-ranks
0/6 B-ranks
0/8 C-ranks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xander

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   7th June 2014, 5:19 pm

First Part - The selection process is pretty much who wins the village tourney. Likewise that is also correct different sub-factions must be present to have the tourney initiate. I am assuming the Npc's will be used via the War Npc rules? Npc can be highest PC person in the village that's fine I suppose because having sannin npcs would kind of ruin it for the PC people who wanted to fight in the tourney.

Second Part - You mean character right as for one person can't represent two villages or do you mean account? Because that problem is already solved via the 1 Participant per account rule, meaning in each tournament 1 Entry per account so if it's me I can only enter Xander or King not both, meaning those with multiple characters would be spread along the various tournaments. As per each village having to claim their land via tourney that also is already there because village don't own lands daimyo do.

Yes for the reclaiming. It makes it more strategic, this reclaiming thing will happen until all the territories in the Land are claimed and once that happens the World Tournament will occur. Meaning until that happens territory can go back and forth. Since it's all PC as well it will also force them to train with each other and plan out where each of them are going ICly not to mention discuss the results of the other tournaments and who they fought etc.

Final Part - Alright.

Overall - I too wanted the war but as I've seen there are those who tend to slack off and I'm not fond of a pure domination victory mainly because even if say Roxas does do the auto-take over, you can't force people to stay in a taken land. Either they'd just move or some of them might stop rping out of protest. Hence why I proposed this so at the very least they have the opportunity to try and fight for their lands in a tournament setting so it's fair. Not to mention bragging rights since people tend to like to measure their cocks against others in rp forums.

"I've grown disillusioned with the idea of a shinobi, innumerable amounts of them are seen running around throwing around flashy ninjutsu and have lost sight of what it truly means to be a true assassin. Perhaps I'll be the one to shatter that illusion, and reeducate the populace on what it really means...to be called, Shinobi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   8th June 2014, 8:33 pm

You confused yourself on what I said.

First Part - First, yes I mean since you have both Xander and King, both of them cannot participate in this tourney, 1 person per account can participate. The NPC portion, since people will not die in this part I believe npcs would be easier, naturally if a person wants to use their PC, they can feel free to do it. Also I wanted it to be fair by saying all Sanin NPC, just in case one village does not have high rankings, they won't be put at a disadvantage in this tourney. If people agree on normal War NPC rules, the npc will be equal to the highest ranking person in the village, that is fine with me.

Second Part - Everybody has access to all their chars in this one, now both Xander and King cannot be in the same area, they both cannot be in the same tourney for lets say the Floating Islands. However they both can move freely if they aren't in tourneys.

Overall - Yes an auto-takeover will be frowned upon, but a takeover is a takeover. Its like saying the war went on, the Shogunate came over to Kaosgakure, took it over and that was it. The Kaos-nin will have to either, well die fighting, or leave. In the case of leaving, the Kaos-nin will have to go to the nearest village which is Shigakure. So now they will have to rp, knowing that they lost their land, and join Shi-nin to take it back. Now if they are that mad about losing that they stop rping, so be it. So if you lose your village, go to the neighboring one, make an alliance, grow stronger come back, then take your village back. Oh and guess what that has become, instant CD and plot.

Regal Requirements to next promo:
Blacksmith:
0/1 SSS-rank specialty weapon
0/1 SS-rank specialty weapons
0/2 SS-rank weapons
3/5 S-rank weapons
1/1 Large puppet design
0/3 Medium puppet designs
0/5 humanoid puppet designs

Scholar: (Learn)
0/1 SS-ranks
0/2 S-ranks
0/4 A-ranks
0/6 B-ranks
0/8 C-ranks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   17th June 2014, 5:45 pm

Yawnz. So I'm putting up the various tourney sign ups for the first part so we can get a general idea exactly how many places will be put up for the first tourney. Based on that when it finishes then all the Lands will have Tourney's placed up. I'll leave fleshing out the IC formation of the Tourney's to Rox. Enforcing will be split between moi and Zen. Where it applies, yeah?

Alright then.

Ms. Lovely Out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.   

Back to top Go down

The War? What is going on. A possible solution based off of an existing one.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1