42% [ 5 ]
Don't Care
25%
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Basara

PostSubject: Chakra Cost Changes   6th July 2014, 5:02 pm

I posted this in the Staff Lounge and with how little staff we have thats active really I shall post it here. This is a minor change but it does effect everyone. So lets see your input.

Ok so, everyone in the past as had some sort of confusion with how many jutsu they can use with the current chakra limit thing, though vix has recently fixed that up so its less of a 'what?' type deal. I like it the way it is, but with vix's tendency to 'overexplain' things, it seems like it has a lot of useless ways. Saying you have like 5 C ranks, 3 B ranks and 1 A rank and then your out. It makes it seem like thats all you can use though every member knows its not this way, it might confuse those starting out. Yeah we can explain it to them how thats not the case. Simple.

This isn't a complaint or anything, just something i thought up to lessen the huge amount of space it currently takes up to make the rules look smaller.

The idea is as follows.

We make a different type of chakra pool. Like say.. We have D ranks cost.. Hmm... Ok I'll type up a rough draft.

D Rank: 2 Chakra
C Rank: 10 Chakra
B Rank: 20 Chakra
A Rank: 30 Chakra
S Rank: 50 Chakra
SS Rank: 70 Chakra
SSS Rank: 100 Chakra

Make it like... Maybe the minimum chakra someone has (Academy Student Yoroi for example) would be like 100 Chakra Total. Meaning they could use any variation of amount (as long as the type of jutsu fits within what they cna learn) Like no Academy student can learn an S rank so this combination fits within B rank and under. D rank is only 2 because its extremely minor and vix wanted to emphasize this in the old way (hence like 5-6 D ranks = 1 C rank). And I know it used to be every 2 of the same rank jutsu equaled the next rank up but I changed it a bit here for a few purposes (1 of which was to make sense) but to also show the growing power of the ranks. From C to B it needs 10 more chakra. B to A needs another 10 more. But A-S needs 20 More. Same with S-SS. While SS-SSS needs 30 more chakra.

I'll be willing to do the conversions for races and ranks myself (though a little help would be appreciated) if everyone is fine with this. Main reason I propose this is for some better clarity for new people and it could make things a bit easier for old people as well. Currently we have to look back and forth, see how much chakra we have and then try to figure out what all we can still use. Through this we simply subtract how much we used and bam, we can easily see how much of what we can continue to use.

I know Zen is currently working on some restructuring, and along with this proposal I also wish to help out. This part though being one of the few things I can help with. Now luckily this is a simple thing that won't be difficult to readjust to. So, any opinions?

Also, I mainly speak about chakra here but this will basically effect Blood and Natural energy and Nen of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 12:48 am

Im going to necro this because i honestly thing this would help simplify the site and make it easier on the ones who arent so combat orientated. and even possibly make it a bit easier on the veteran members as well

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 1:17 am

I don't like it, the whole reason NB is NB is because it's chakra system is completely different from all the other hundreds of Naruto sites out there. Changing the chakra system to be more like it will sacrifice one of the sites core principles. It's supposed to be a site completely different from other naruto sites.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 1:28 am

Our chakra system is actually sort of the same as this. Ours just isnt exactly organized and we just do the calculations ourself in full. For us who have gotten used to its it seems differrent but in reality its still the same. Theres still a chakra pool that we have and from thst much we have to figure out exactly how much we can use and have. Its the same exactmethod except ours isnt organized exactly. By using this method itd make it a bit more organized and easier to tell how much one has left in termd of chakra for simple rating. Rather than having enough chakra for say... 3A ranks. Most of us are used to that conversion into b and c but new peeps would be like wha?  Where as if we say... they had 90 chakra they could see it as seperate from A ranks and just do easier conversion on the eyes. Imo anyways. But i didnt know this poll was dtill open. I shouldnt have made dont care an option. Idk why i make third options.

Edit: goro if you wanna necro this then quote it and put it in a new poll. Ive got a few conversions already done and a slight change to it if the idea ever gets passed. Itd change how d ranks are a little bit cause id give them a set of 5 rather than 2 though i could still keep it as 2. I just like increments of 5 personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 1:41 am

Well your right about it being newbie friendly, and I suppose we still have our diversity in regards to our races so it's not that bad of a sacrifice. The conversion factors should be taken into account though otherwise people will have much less to work with in comparison to old nb. Though having numbers at least even numbers will make it easier to work with when it comes to Z-rank stuff so that's a plus.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 1:53 am

Yeah conversion will be a bit tricky but i have some ideas written doen from a year ago somewhere...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 3:05 am

that was the point of necroing this lol. and honestly like tets said it is just an easier means to calculate it not much else. but from what i know the exact means to what people have the ability to use is well off to me, and not to mention we are one of a very few select sites that ACTUALLY use a chakra system. other places (and i know this because i did shop around before settling here) just say fuck it use what you want lol there is no consequences to "using" up your chakra in other places. how ever it is simple yes but it can be tweaked a little to make it a bit more unique lol

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 11:05 am

Just as a fair heads up, when I warned Vix that people want to simplify and change up the site the one thing she asked was that the chakra system not be touched. She's going to be ripping pissed if you change it and rightfully so, it was the only thing she asked to not change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 11:25 am

it isnt changing it Ken, it is just giving it a solid number before one exhausts their chakra (and die lol) but i had no intentions of changing it without even speaking to vixie. it is a good idea truly just sorry to say tets it needs to be worked out before anything really

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nik

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 1:45 pm

If you just add a number chart for the current chakra limit along the other chakra limit's i am go for this.

Meaning just show the current chakra limit in numbers and D ranks C ranks ect, have one for beginners and a simplified version for starting members to get a grasp.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 3:03 pm

Needs to be worked out before anything? Wha? Im confused as to why you said this especially since umm... this was from a year ago more or less lol. And i have actually discussed this with vix last night when you brought ir back up. As far as i am aware the main problem now is how most are just used to the current system and the amount of conversions needing to be done to multiple systems like nen blood and natural reserves as well as vix needing to tweak the fuin system shes created.

Like i said before if you wanna try getting this renewed goro make a new poll for it for the current members. We shall see from there but currently whether this change does occur or not it wont become set in place for a few months at the most because there is a lot of other work that needs to be done. I have most ideas in a notebook ive been compiling that in a month or two ill be able to type up on a comp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   2nd February 2015, 5:31 pm

I say i needs work (yes i know it was roughly a year ago lol) because it is just the barebone version of a complete system. well anyways this wont be renewed just yet, so to speak. only reason for that is we have other matters in our hands that need our attention at the moment this can be brought up a little later, i only necroed this because i came across it and felt it was a decent idea.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chakra Cost Changes   

Back to top Go down

Chakra Cost Changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1