Welcome to NB or Welcome back, either way your here now. Awesome <3

Share | 

Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xander

PostSubject: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   20th September 2014, 7:37 am

Geka Seido

Geka seido: This samurai style is the result of combining the draw speed of Iaido, the speed of Tenmetsu-kō and the shattering impact of Shubi Toride blending them together to create an aggressive style of swordsmanship relying on distancing as well as counter speed & hand seal use. This style favors the Nagamaki, due to it's long handle and equally long blade yet being fashioned similar to a katana to allow for an easy draw. Geka Seido is a primarily two handed style and despite not being a "Original" Samurai Style it is easily on par with the others.

Tiers Granted:
Samurai - Speed & Defense (S-rank Cap)
Reaper - Speed & Defense (SS-rank Cap)

Spoiler:

"I've grown disillusioned with the idea of a shinobi, innumerable amounts of them are seen running around throwing around flashy ninjutsu and have lost sight of what it truly means to be a true assassin. Perhaps I'll be the one to shatter that illusion, and reeducate the populace on what it really means...to be called, Shinobi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   20th September 2014, 10:05 am

Geka Style – Battojutsu –[Kenjutsu Out Speeds 2-rank Higher Speed Tier within "Batto Distance", if not backed by equal rank strength or possessing reaction tiers equal to speed of Geka Style Kenjutsu] <- does this mean the opponent needs equal strength or reaction tiers, or the user?

As for the speed increases for all of them, for True All Taijutsu, I’ll allow the breaking of the S-rank cap, due to them being naturally able to do so, if not then they have the S-rank cap.

Regal Requirements to next promo:
Blacksmith:
0/1 SSS-rank specialty weapon
0/1 SS-rank specialty weapons
0/2 SS-rank weapons
3/5 S-rank weapons
1/1 Large puppet design
0/3 Medium puppet designs
0/5 humanoid puppet designs

Scholar: (Learn)
0/1 SS-ranks
0/2 S-ranks
0/4 A-ranks
0/6 B-ranks
0/8 C-ranks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xander

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   20th September 2014, 3:58 pm

It means if the user swings at Crashing ground the opponent needs crashing ground + B strength tiers to dodge or crashing ground + B-rank reaction tiers or simply just Blinding light otherwise they will be cut. Two handed draw is the same while one handed draw essentially means if the opponent isn't utilizing samurai speed then the attack moving at the same speed hits first. But if they use 1-rank speed it's slower. All the speed increases are building on that principle essentially it's a slower swing that covers the distance that a person moving faster than the user would have to cover in order to dodge thus hitting them before they can escape in time as long as they are within the striking range "Batto Distance"

They aren't breaking the S-rank they are merely hitting opponents that are too close and don't have enough time to escape outside of the Batto Distance, using the concept of short distance lower tiers vs long distance higher tiers to balance the strike interval (shorter distance is covered in the same time as longer distance usually, factor in tenmetsu speed thus hits first when dealing with pure speed tiers.)

"I've grown disillusioned with the idea of a shinobi, innumerable amounts of them are seen running around throwing around flashy ninjutsu and have lost sight of what it truly means to be a true assassin. Perhaps I'll be the one to shatter that illusion, and reeducate the populace on what it really means...to be called, Shinobi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   20th September 2014, 8:14 pm

Approved then

Regal Requirements to next promo:
Blacksmith:
0/1 SSS-rank specialty weapon
0/1 SS-rank specialty weapons
0/2 SS-rank weapons
3/5 S-rank weapons
1/1 Large puppet design
0/3 Medium puppet designs
0/5 humanoid puppet designs

Scholar: (Learn)
0/1 SS-ranks
0/2 S-ranks
0/4 A-ranks
0/6 B-ranks
0/8 C-ranks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   21st September 2014, 2:06 pm

Zzzz Kay adding to Secret Techniques.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Xander

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   17th December 2015, 3:12 pm

I wish to revise one of the techniques in the style due to the new Tier information.

Spoiler:

The reasoning being the Tier update gave me a better way to explain Geka Seido than what I had before.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   27th December 2015, 6:58 am

Hm Approved.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)   

Back to top Go down

Geka Seido (New Samurai Style)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1