HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

New Time System.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you want to use this new Time System?
Yes
60%
 60% [ 3 ]
No
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Maybe (Open for Discussion)
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 9:20 pm

Okay so I've been thinking now that we have the Past & Future section of the forum that we should introduce a new time system that way we don't have to essentially make Time-Skips and lose everything we worked for with our characters. I've decided due to activity to have a divergent time-line system, based on the fact that time is relative.

Divergent Time-System
Spoiler:

Any questions? Just post in this topic. I just figured why not have this that way people don't get stuck in topics and other's activity won't adversely affect another. It'll also mean that we won't have to wait large amounts of time on other people who aren't active while likewise "encouraging" activity to those who are actually active.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 9:49 pm

Honestly it is a nice idea, only thing i have an issue with to be honest is well the future part, since sooooo many things could potentially be happening so there is a slight unfair advantage, since i know no one really takes the time to read EVERY thread in terms of RP wise one could plot world domination and very likely get away with it, because not to many people were aware. so to rp the future is rather annoying in that aspect as well as having to calculate the age difference every time you go from future to present. unlike the "past" thread you only need to know how many years ago and deduct it then go back to present.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 9:56 pm

Mmmhm I can see how that would be a problem. In which case when this system is implemented every topic will require a Date & Time for the first post and a Date & Time for the end post. Likewise people will use their Banks to list each topic they've been in with their character along with Dates in chronological order that way when people are like errr wha? One can just cite their Bank and it's like oh okay.

In addition it also makes Banks much more useful than simply recording items and stuff like that, it'll allow us to keep track of individual character growth. Not to mention simply adding to a character's history in their Profile will become easier thanks to their Bank.

If anything it's not like I or a mod can't simply go to Statistics and search it. But ultimately it will require people to keep records. Those who are lazy and don't keep them will not be able to use them as a reference.

Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 10:02 pm

Hmm that is a possible way of working things out, but that more or less just increases the use of the bank it doesn't exactly solve the high possibility of controlling everything, then on another thought it is possible for future plots to clash and more or less make things not seem right.

I think when it comes to future PLOT and MINI PLOT type of threads i think they should be "submitted" to be "approved" then published to the public so people know what is going on. but the small type of threads like just purely CD where say you meet a talking frog is pretty much free to do.

The main reason i say for the plots and mini plots to be submitted and approved is to make sure the timeline stays clean so to speak without becoming a mess and that way the plots are "known to all when they are published for others to see what might be happening and gives them a chance to either join in help or stop it.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 10:26 pm

That's already up I have a topic up which is supposed to be to record plots and mini-plots as well as help people with them. Likewise I've already mentioned that if your plot involves others that you need to inform them of it so it's not like things happen and people are not aware of it or unable to do anything about it.

Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 11:06 pm

true, but lets face it XD a lot of people tend to ignore this stuff until it is too late lol.

Reiver Ogura:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   29th September 2014, 11:37 pm

cant say much on xbox. but remember youkai dimension fused with ours. time should flow differently in areas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   30th September 2014, 12:20 am

Oh well if they ignore it sucks for them, and that is an even stronger argument for the time divergence thing as well @Roxas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Time System.   

Back to top Go down

New Time System.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1