Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

A Righteous Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   7th February 2015, 9:46 pm

Well now, this was getting very repetitive. Another dead. The gate would open once more after hearing one of the keepers moan in pain. This time a team of professional arena cleaners would erupt from the backstage, mops, brooms, funny little jump suits, they had it all. It took only 30 seconds to get the place looking amazing again. The host would entirely miss his mark of course, after someone interrupted his waltz with a tap. Talking into the microphone he'd have his delayed comment. "Oh, and here comes the...uh? Crew cleaner." Well, out comes the next guy, same thing, just sprinting towards the incoming hammer. hardly even bothering with making efforts any longer because meh. My food is gonna burn, so I'm just going to end it here, yeah?

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   7th February 2015, 9:52 pm

Please do not clean the bodies, I want to keep them. To the victor the spoils after all. Vendetta said the moment multiple people came in with mops and buckets, she really didn't have any use for the bodies other than making sure they had a proper burial after sealing them in scrolls. Hopefully they would listen to her, she had killed them technically she was entitled to everything they had, weapons, armor even their lifeless corpses it was with that musing that she chucked the hammer to new person when he entered. They weren't clinging to life anymore that was good now she didn't really have to worry too much about aiming and could throw and retract quicker than before.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   7th February 2015, 10:10 pm

The cleaning crew would drop all their shit. Heads hanging low as the looked at their feet and walked away. They had one job in life. They knew how to clean. They were good at it. They loved it. They were denied it. A tumbleweed would float past as the next guy died. Looking around, half the crowd has actually left already, no longer entertained by watching a hammer fly across the room and split heads open. Lets see, what should we do next. Uh. The next opponent will be...Vendetta. Well not really, but it looked identical to her. A simple transformation technique but the individual was preying she had a long lost twin sister or something that might choke her up and allow the girl to live. But thats unlikely. At least he'd doing something though, right?

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 3:40 am

Vendetta would ignore the sadness of the cleaning crew howerver when the next person entered and looked exactly like her, she would reel back Kabutowari before flicking it without any hestitation aimed at the targets midsection attempting to kill this person who was imitating her the same way she did the last couple of opponents, sure it was monotonous but it got the job done so no need to fix what wasn't broken. She really wasn't doing this for the entertainment factor instead she was killing so that she could clear out all of the levels she needed to inpreparation for taking her apprentice through it supervising so that they didn't die but for the most part letting them handle the two opponents on their own. It would allow them to learn quicker and learn how to fight when outnumbered as she couldn't always be there to watch their back. Do not fret, after this set I will no longer use Kabutowari to deal with my opponents. Vendetta would say to those who she knew were cowering in the background.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 5:46 am

After this set...meaning those cowering were still going to get hammered anyway. Bummer, zero panic resolving skills, that much is certain. Another recurring scene of the gate opening, though no opponent would walk out, rather a ball would roll forth towards Vendetta, eventually stopping at her feet should she let it reach that far. Besides that, nothing else came through this round as the iron bars dropped again, signalling that at some point the opponent had indeed entered and remained within the arena. Invisiblity was a common skill that even a low level opponent could muster assuming one had no techniques for disclosing location. Sound could be nullified by the sounds of the crowd. Taste was difficult to use. Smell...well we are surrounded by leagues of dead bodies so good luck there. Have a bountiful time finding this next opponent, who is a master at hiding. Or just really creative. Or just really stupid. Whichever comes first really, it was a bold maneuver at the least.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 6:57 am

Well the ball rolling in would make Vendetta flick the ax-portion of Kabutowari on reflex the weapon sailing at ripping discord aimed at destroying the ball. On the other hand she did possess a sensory technique, albeit a weak one she could see the color and thus taint of sin on an individuals soul, assuming she looked at or into their eyes with her but since there was no one in sight it wasn't really that useful at the moment. So she would have to wait for the opponent to come to her if they weren't actually using the transformation technique to turn into a ball till then she would have to wait and see then.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:04 am

Well that was anti climatic. As the ball was hit, a cloud of smoke would appear, leaving in its stead the body of a young girl. Give her creative credit at least right, had Vendetta fooled, the only downside to the plan being that Vendetta is a cold hard killer hat destroys anything which moves. Well, at least she had the girl lost for a moment. The gate would open once more, as the head of one of the cleaning crew would poke out at the mess with teary eyes before another kid began to slowly walk out, copping feather duster to her back as she went. If they weren't coming out clean, they sure as hell ain't going in dirty. She was literally sparkling so much that it could almost be blinding for the church woman Vendetta to stare on the wrong angle. Good for them. Its not easy finding work in this day and age, their skills are far beyond that of the current market needs so for the time being, their crew's skill is misunderstood. Like all that old tech resurfacing irl pretending to be new tech. They were just unappreciated previously.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:11 am

Vendetta would retract the chain spinning it around again though the sparkling of the person would cause her to close her eyes in slight pain, was that even allowed cleaning people helping the opponents, either way she would manage to open her eyes a bit before using the hammer to strike the axe while the chain slacked resulting in the usual effect which has been said multiple times over and over because Vendetta keeps doing the same thing. It would fly through the air at ripping discord speeds aimed at the torso of her opponent trying to cut it in half, blow apart the mid-section or whatever new creative means of missing an upper body one can write in a post.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:16 am

You know, if you want, I'll allow you to copy and paste the same post over and over again if your monotony is really starting to bother you. It'd make things easier for sure, but in terms of the mental side effects, I doubt it would ease any tensions you may be having. If it is any constelation, I am also having difficulties keeping this entertaining, though I believe mu efforts are only working towards myself rather then extending to you. Regardless, this topic is however significantly improving my ability to blab on about nothing and take up space to ensure longer posts, which is a very useful skill to have on a site such as this, so Training Success. Anyway, back on topic. The gate would open again. Backstage Vendetta would see the cleaning crew rounded up and tied together to ensure they cannot move, however a small baby cleaner did manage to break free and slobbered all over the show of one of the guards, allowing it to shine like a diamond each time the door is opened. Within the distraction, another poor soul ran out in a zigzag formation waving his hands in front of his face singing "Can't touch this".

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:26 am

That post made me laugh so breaking monotony successful, as Vendetta would see the person who was running in a zig-zag pattern while she retracted her chain and would wait until she saw a pattern in the movement before and I quote "Using the hammer to strike the axe while the chain slacked resulting in the usual effect which has been said multiple times over and over because Vendetta keeps doing the same thing. It would fly through the air at ripping discord speeds aimed at the torso of her opponent trying to cut it in half, blow apart the mid-section or whatever new creative means of missing an upper body one can write in a post." Essentially moving to let him naturally run into it due to him zig-zagging so that she didn't have to actually chase him down...but really she couldn't touch this because she chucked her axe at him.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:38 am

Oh I just got a great idea for the next guy. Just wait a moment while i count how many are left...Pending...Wow. Vendetta has killed 13 people in this topic alone. Well no, that is incorrect, allow me to rephrase. Vendetta has executed 12 people this topic and played with another. In any case, this boy would die waving his hands around and mouthing the lyrics. For some strange reason, even after death he fingers would continue to do the sparkle motion as a direct result of the cleaning crews subconscious effect on the human body. The gate would open to what appeared to be the sun as the crew had oversoaped their ropes in order to escape and are now on the verge of cleansing everything in sight and on site. It was impossible to see just want was happening because there were far to many sparkles. But a walking blanket would step out into the arena before throwing off his protection revealing his dirty self. "I take requests..." He'd say after seeing the opposing narrator smile, hoping it was in relation to the singing. "Australian Anthem?"

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:43 am

So bright she should have worn sunglasses, stupid cleaning crew were they really that jobless that they couldn't bother some of the other participants in Tartaros why did they just have to mess with Vendetta. Either way she'd close her eyes once again because of the brightness before the person threw off what was covering them to speak about some anthem. Vendetta would be slightly offended as she did not know of this Australia of which the man spoke off, she typically dealt with things that offended her in three ways. The first being to question why they were doing this and see to resolve the problem with words, the second being to pity them as they were letting sin cloud their eyes from seeing the wonders of Kami and finally like any good paladin she smashed it with her hammer. Or in this case chucked the ax portion of her hammer at it. Apparently that was a no but on the bright side all 14 would possibly be dead if the ax killed this one meaning she'll be able to mix it up now and not use Kabutowari anymore.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 7:56 am

Uh no. Don't count your chooks before they hatch. You just let down the chicken now. It thinks it'll have 14 eggs when in reality its shy one. You try telling it that it'll be without one of its children. I'll be the guy afterwards letting her know that all of them will be eaten anyway. Moving on to why exactly he wasn't dead, I'll let him tell you himself. The Hammer would go right through his body, yes, But kill him no, just leave him absent that chunk of his stomach. "Okay, okay, I am sorry. I was a travelling pisshead in the wrong place I tell yah. Look i get it, you people don't like Australia, how about the Party in the USA song by the cyrus chick?" Okay, well he didn't really answer that question all to well. Oh wait, I just read over the passive tech, well I played this off wrong, so let me try it again. The character would use his pinky finger and thumb as a phone as the moderator reminds him of a certain...feeling. I see. Well let me fix this confusion up." The boy would remark, before hanging up the phone. "What I meant to say was...ow. Oh god that hurt so much." That was mono toned by the way.

Spoiler:

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 8:13 am

Vendetta's eyes would widen, he wasn't dead yet he wasn't a Zireh so it wasn't as if she missed a vital spot, no he was a member of her clan an Ibwa what was one doing in the pits she would have to dismember bury his body parts and keep the head to interrogate him on the whereabouts of her target Xan Ibwa and his master. I vowed to get rid of any members of the clan who worshipped that accursed deity... you will be the first. Vendetta whispered while placing the hammer portion of Kabutowari in is harness as she darted to the right in a circular motion at B-rank speed retracting the chain of the ax portion Kabutowari so that if he would be dragged along with it towards her. If that happened she would lash out with a kick to his mid section to cut it in half right as he got close to her before using her free hand to grab his neck at the same speed her palms glowing as she channeled chakra into it. She was aiming to knock him unconscious thus incapacitating him, and allowing her to proceed while keeping him alive long enough for her to torture any relevant information from him at a later date.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 8:25 am

Now hasty. I will not be the mod that fucks up everything in the outside world. This is just a boy, aligned with the Shogun might I add. Just because they share the same last name, does not mean he knows of Xan's location. If you'd like the location of his twin brother however, he'll blurt it out in an instant and we can make a chain of it so you can go about taking a chuck from them. No but seriously. OH! Oh yes! If I weren't bleeding out, I'm sure all this blood woulda been rushing to my stick, if yah know what I mean. He'd wink suggestively before passing out all of the sudden. Well. The snake host was back, wiggling along the ground with two envelopes this time, holding them up to her. "Please?" He'd ask pleadingly, as she was the last one for today. Now. I need you to imagine an explosion taking place on your screen, with a count down in the middle. Continue? 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5...

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 8:35 am

Vendetta would follow every lead she possibly could get even if it took her several mission chains to eventually locate info on, hunt down and eventually kill her clan head, at least before using him to find where Carmen Fushicho was so she could repeat the process all over again. This was her lead and she valued it, so she would move his unconscious body to the back of the arena placing it down and removing Kabutowari from it before walking to the center fastening the weapon into it's harness. He wouldn't be waking up for quite some time so as long as she finished up before he woke up she'd be able to take him and move forward from there. No, just one more set to go unfortunately, I wish to clear this set so I can move to the next one some other time. For the next set I want all of them to be Hard this time around. she said politely as she didn't mean to inconvenience him but needed to do this.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 8:46 am

"Bitch." He'd mutter under his breath before back rolling away from the arena and towards the microphone. "I'm um...sorry about that...I get emotional...Like we all will after yet...another exciting set." Following, he'd peg the microphone at the nearby wall, creating one of those big squealing noises before settling. Surprising really, considering the microphone was actually just a cone. Anyway, you wanted hard right? That's like what...D-Rank Missing. Ok, now we have actual shinobi with some techniques to play with...not really. Anyway, lets have our first academy level missing nin come out. Oh bummer, its an old guy with a cane. Naked too. Hunched over, with his beard reaching his knees and hiding his shriveled..."I'll cut im off before ee getsto obscene. Reliving my youth deary, don't mind me...coin?" He'd say before turning on the spot and bending over to pick it up, unleashing his first technique.

Spoiler:

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 8:57 am

Vendetta's eyes would narrow at the announcers comment but she would restrain herself from wringing his neck, instead she would watch as a naked old man would walk into the area causing her eyes to widen as she was appalled. She usually would of smashed him with her hammer just for being so lewd but she said she would use Kabutowari and instead would run forward at Crashing Ground speeds at least until he turned around and bent over causing her to stop about 10 ft away and gag on reflex as she really really didn't want to see that. Ugh.. how.. uncouth.. have.. you.. no.. decency. Vendetta managed to croak out each word being paused by dry heaving she was grateful she didn't eat anything today otherwise she probably would of vomited or something.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:07 am

Gagging? Whoa why? The man would straighten up and turn to look at the girl as she spoke. "Decency? I am dee Nudist Hermit. We all need no decency here." He'd say before turning his head like a parrot, before making a point with both his fingers and shoving them into his armpit before flapping wildly making monkey noises. "Wait, who is he?" yelled one of the guards from behind the gate, looking out their small peak hole. "I dunno, he just ran in." Said the other. Seems like this guy wasn't even a contestant. But it'll still count I suppose, its not as if the host is really paying enough attention to say otherwise while doing the macarena. Senile. The old man is senile. Your first clue would be that he now had half his beard shoved in his own mouth. Impressive, yes. But unfortunately it would end in full frontal nudity, which would have the same effect on young Vendetta. Praying she doesn't have an eating disorder, because rule of 3...

Spoiler:

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:19 am

Vendetta would straighten up and step forward three steps before her eyes would widen in panic as the old man moved to put his beard in his mouth, her hands moving at crashing ground speeds into a hand seal for a genjutsu. Namely one which would surely knock him out of commission while she screwed her eyes shut so she didn't see his business for a second time, because honestly just once was enough and she was probably scarred for life now. Hopefully she was fast enough seeing as he moved around without any speed tiers thankfully because that would just be horrible to experience again.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:24 am

The man's eyes would widen as though petrified before falling back like a statue with a heart failure. heart attacks become more common with age, especially after exercise and quick brain changes. So, he was dead. The gates would open, and out would come another old man. Most likely in his 50s, but really big, burly and strong, his muscles already on the verge of ripping his shirt. Like an enraged bull, he'd throw his head down and begin charging at Crashing Grounds speed, ready to collide at full speed for some significant winding damage in stall for his opponent. "Is he dead?" The guard would say looking at the old man laying on the ground. The question was soon answered as the brute stepped on his chest, caving it right in with his weight before continuing. "uh...I think so." Says his friend, before they both return to silence.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:30 am

Vendetta sigh in relief but not for long as another opponent seemed to be charging towards her, so in preparation she would use chakra to grip the ground lifting up one of her legs and pointing it forward along with her toes while not moving at all. The old man who would crash into her would do so but she'd hold herself in place with Inhuman Strength, while her pointed foot would probably end up going straight through his stomach thanks to the effects of piercing justice. If successful she would move her leg into a kick so as to separate the two halves, and hopefully finish him off without expending too much effort.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:38 am

Okay foot through the chest. So he was dead. Soon at least. All his last amounts of effort would be put forwards to lean backwards using all his strength and speed. I.E C-Rank strength and B-Rank speed. The result. With her Leg still through his chest, it would get wedged, and as he collapsed backwards, she would be propelled towards the ground head first over his own head. Regardless of how that plays out, another opponent would come out to play, none wasting any time with waiting as this time around tehy felt they had some kind of chance. This guy was no doubt a shurikan expert, as evident by the four in each hand, headband of shurikan, jacket with three layers of shurikans and 6 scrolls, no doubt containing shurikans. He also had the typical shinobi shurikan pouches on both sides of his legs. with his current eight, he'd simply through them at bullet release speeds in Vendetta's general direction, though not limited to her exact position, just in case she tried to move.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   17th February 2015, 9:53 am

Vendetta had anchored herself with Inhuman Strength which was one rank higher than what her now dead opponent so when he leaned back instead of wedging her leg in his body it would just slice through his flesh thanks to her Piercing Justice, her defense tiers being so high than with movement she could actually cut through things like metal. She would place her leg down the blood still dripping from it as she saw her next opponent who threw shuriken at her prompting her to run forward the shuriken which did end up hitting her would bounce off of her Rock Skinned backed defense tiers as she would attempt to close the distance between the two of them while channeling chakra into her Haka Style Gloves causing the spikes to extend from them. Assuming nothing changed once she got close enough to the shuriken thrower she would aim at punch to his sternum unfazed by the thrown shuriken.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   18th February 2015, 8:42 pm

Well again, neither of those worked. Its a pain dealing with you sometimes, but in return I occasionally take longer then 24 hours to post with no reason behind it, so my apologies. I'm not exactly an ideal mod in any circumstance, but hey, at least I stick to rank limitations, right? Anyway, this arena was moderate in size, yes, but the bodies are really starting to rack up...like we are literally getting bloody body piles and small sections where the blood is thickened to a pool. Its like a scene straight out of hell or something along those lines. Anyway, we need yet another guy to come out, so this time, I'll bring out...A ball of Ice. Rolling though the gates and into the middle of the area, stopping once it hit a body and became wedged. While that was all swell, whomever was inside had used up a large chuck of their chakra creating it.

Spoiler:

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Righteous Challenge   

Back to top Go down

A Righteous Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next