HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

Camping in the Streets (Tumu)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Basara

PostSubject: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   24th February 2015, 2:21 am

Zero was resting against the wall of an abandoned building. He had some thrown out bedding on the ground below him and he was resting from the excursion of the day, using his only jacket as a blanket. It wasnt dark yet but it was getting there. He rested his head against a small fluff of bedding he had folded up. It wasnt comfortable exactly but it was better than sleeping on the hard ground. It was most curious as to why this young child was sleeping out on the streets rather than at home or in the Pandora military barracks. But theres a story behind everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   24th February 2015, 2:54 am

The streets were dark as our hero stumbled through alleyways in an area unknown. Usually it would be dangerous to venture into unknown territory, more so in these lands, but most were smart enough not to mess with the drunken blade, regardless of whether they could take him or not. After all, he had the divine protection of a god...of pandora. The glass bottle in his hand would be bought to his lips once more as he emptied it from its content before throwing it at a wall, listening to his breakage spread across the ground. Sword at hip, Rifle at back and scythe resting on his shoulder, he'd continue to wall, or rather drag himself along the wall until being met with a problem, some kid was sleeping on it. Naturally, the drunk being who he is would not notice, falling right over top of him and crashing blissfully into the ground. "Hard ground met with open sky." He'd mumble to himself as he stood up, looking to see what he had fell on. "You drink meh owed now." One eye struggled to stay awake as he spoke, both hands waving around in a way that only Johnny Depp could do, his inner drunken pirate taking form.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 1:42 am

Zero shouted in fear as something landed on him. He struggled and as it rolled off he rushed to the corner of the building on his hands and knees. The poor boys heart was beating a mile a minute from fright. He looked back at what had fallen on him, drawing a kunai just in case. It took him a moment to realize what the person was saying and to even recognize the person who it was. "I-i know you... Y-you're t-the guy who was w-with X-x-x-x-xan-t-t-t-t-taicho," Zero stuttered from fright. He lowered the kunai some but had a death grip on it, his knuckles turning white as his whole body shook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 2:16 am

Tumu would laugh at the boy as he freaked out, the stuttering only making it worse. But while doing so, his had also moved at a ridiculous speed to whip around his rifle and shoot the wall beside him at Echoing Flash. Naturally, at that speed, his flesh would suffer the following damage but from memory he's the skeleton kid, or was it the other one? In any case it was just far enough to ensure the damage deal would be no more then a C-Rank, however it would be awfully loud and obliterate his sleeping space. "Machakw Dichali Dagwado" He'd say in response to the boy, before auto-translating himself. "Tumu, the name was Tumu" Just like last time, he'd bow, throwing his bow back over his shoulder. "Ama asuyvdi wisgi, your shout, lets go." He'd say, before doing a come here motion with his finger and staggering off in the direction of the bar, hopefully the kid will follow cause he really didn't want to pay today. Then again, rep has benefits, perhaps...

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 2:22 am

Zeros body froze as the shot echoed out, the wall beside him struck hard by something, he couldnt even keep up with the speed. His eyes were wide and a yellow puddle formed at his feet as his bladder released itself from fright. Tears welled up in the boys eyes but he fought hard to try to stop himself from crying. The boy was speechless as Tumu spoke in some weird language before switching into english. It took Zero a moment to.move his body but he managed to shakily get to his feet, revealing soaked tattered jeans and managed to take shakey steps toward Tumu. With each step a splashing sound could be heard. This boy called Zero was beyond pathetic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 2:50 am

Tumu's laughter would bellow out as the boy pissed himself, not ceasing once the entire walk. There wasn't really much to talk about, so if not for the drunken fool, it would have been silent. However, Tumu can never be so boring of course. He'd chat the whole way, most of it with no meaning, some threats, some compliments, and some just completely irrelevant to anything. He'd take a piss on some poor saps fire pit, putting it out, somehow not blowing his dick off with the amount of alcohol consumed, before finally making their way to the Jigokugakure Tavern, the fools usual drinking space. It was a full house, all the seats taken besides one table at the back, reserved forever for their greatest customer. First stop however, was to the bar, leaning over the table to grab a bottle of nameless whiskey, as well as another bottle of god knows what, turning to face Zero before making a motion at the barkeeper. "Aguyvdi." He'd say before walking to his table. The barman looking at Zero with his scary face and evil eyes with his huge, open palm on the counter waiting for his coin.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 2:58 am

Zero was whimpering most of the time as he followed Tumu at almost a snails pace, cringing or running to catch up whenever it felt like thw drunk might pull his gun out again. When they reached the tavern Zero hesitated greatly before following Tumu again, keeping his eyes down low till Tumu said something in his strange language to the barkeep. Zero raised his eyes and they sunk deep into his head. He wanted to curl up and die. No doubt he would be dead soon, either by the barkeep or Tumu. He reached into his pockets and pulled out a single xel. It wad all he had as he had found it out on the streets. Zero was poor and homeless. He was a knight but was useless and had never gone on a mission. He didnt even have a silver knight or anything to be the apprentice of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 3:15 am

The barman would simply raise an eyebrow at Zero as the single coin dropped into his palm, a moment of pause as he fell silence like Zero, the two no doubt just staring at eachother before BANG. His fist would pound the table, following what be a strong movement in an attempt to throw the coin at Tumu's head. Tumu however would just draw his rifle again, the wheel on the side clicking into place as it transformed into a shotgun, firing at the coin as it went straight through his body and out of the wall, phasing through everything. It would be dropped beside his chain along with his scythe before Tumu spun around scratching the back of his head with a dopey smile. "Sorry Sorry. I pay when coin comes." He'd announce from across the room before laughing, several others joining in, one even adding his own two cents by shouting "Like hell, you've never got any money!" before his laughter too would bellow. Such a happy environment...oh year, there was some dead guy bleeding out in the middle of the room. Taking his seat, he would motion for Zero to join him, uncorking the whiskey bottle with just his thumb, a pure talent at his age, before sculling it down like water.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 3:26 am

Zero closed his eyes at the sound of fire. If he hadnt pissed himself just a few minutes ago he might have done it again. However his bladder was empty. When Tumu spoke he looked over at the guy and saw him motioning Zero. In hopes not to end up like the guy bleeding out in the room, Zero rushed on over to Tumu and stood near him, unsure of what to do or say. This guy was crazy, Zero was too afraid to even talk in fear of upsetting the crazy bastard ane being shot himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   26th February 2015, 11:18 pm

Tumu would take his seat and motion for his company to do the same, however speaking the instruction in his foreign tongue. "Uwola." He was so fun and light hearted, how could anyone ever be afraid of him. Looking at the boy his smile would grow before he flipped over a glass, pouring some straight Whiskey for Zero and continuing to claim the remainder of the bottle for himself. "Why were you sleepin' in teh cold?" He'd ask, eyes unable to stay the same size as he spoke, arms moving too much to emphasis each word. "Uyoiyudvnahedegi?" Honestly, I don't know why he keeps going back to the language, everything is at least 10 times harder to say, not to mention longer. That word simply meaning poor. So, with that in mind, I'll let you continue on with some sob story as Tumu continues to drink far beyond the normal human limit.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   8th March 2015, 11:38 pm

Zero shakily walked over and took a seat at the table. He stayed quiet as Tumu spoke in his strange language but finally spoke when he said something in english. "I-I-I keep f-f-failing my missions a-a-and my c-c-clan has sort of disowned me... I have n-no place to stay so i s-sleep on the street. I cant afford a room myself a-a-a-a-and im not a full k-knight yet..." stuttered Zero as he began tapping on the table from nervousness. This place really intimidated him but he tried his best to focus on the table and ignore the scary people around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   8th March 2015, 11:54 pm

Tumu would watch him, well no not really, there was a half naked girl walking around behind Zero, so his eyes were locked on her, but he was listening, and looking back at the boy every now and then. Stutter stutter stutter, this boy, no wonder he keeps failing. "Aditasdi. You'll feel bettah" He speaks like a drunk Australian despite being based after...meh its easier this way. In any case, Aditasdi no doubt meant drink by the way he motioned at the cup he poured for the boy. But then again, he's most likely never even drank before, so it'll take like absolute Aneka piss. "You fall because you don't climb up sloped hill." Nonsense as usual, but there was meaning behind it, things his parents and elders would preach to him, as well as those pirates or Inaka in similar circumstances to his own. A blend of knowledge between his Ra'Ragiri and other tribes of his culture. A man would walk out from the bar with a box and tickets. "Bets anyone?" Suddenly the pub would erupt as everyone began yelling out their bets as two fighters walked in. Tumu being no exception, standing to yell out his own random words. "Agasgani! Tla. Duyugodv! Tla. Wulinigvgv Asgaya!" "Tumu! Speak english you native fuck!" "Right fuckah, 4 ticks on right!"

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   8th March 2015, 11:59 pm

"I cant help but fall..." he would say as he looked at the strange liquid. He sniffed it and recoiled at the smell. What wad this? Donkey piss? He would think before watching Tumu jump as someone came in taking bets. While he was distracted Zero would take a nearby empty cup and pour it into it, hiding the full cup on the floor beneath him and holdinf the now empty cup. "I always get beat because all I can do is this." Zero stood and his skin began to melt into his body. Within seconds Zero was standing there as nothing more than a skeleton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   9th March 2015, 12:11 am

When the betting finally finished, the two mean would proceed to punch each other to death, only being undead, they weren't dying, just falling to pieces. It was gruesome to be honest, but entertainment is light around here, the two things they have in abundance is liquor and dead people so...In any case Tumu would retake his seat. "I wish I could do that. I've already died three times you know. Count yourself lucky. Those men over there, you can already do more then they can, yet do you consider them weak?" Tumu was serious for a moment, before standing up as one of the men fell to the ground, cheering like the rest as their money came aronud, only instead of coin for Tumu, they bought more liquor. One might also notice he somehow had Zero's cup in his hand that he tried to hide on the floor, taking it in one go. Upon sitting he'd pour the boy another glass. "Aditasdi. It tastes like Adikada but it'll help yah get through stuff."

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 12:12 am

Zero sighed and revert back to his human form. "I'm not sure how useful turning into a skeleton is. Hell, if s-s-someone tried to kill me I would just die. I may be an I-I-Ibwa but.... I... I haven't even killed someone yet.... I'm just useless," he would say, putting himself down more. "Sometimes I wish I would just die... Then I wouldn't have to worry about dieing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 12:30 am

After another sip, Tumu would simply shrug, glancing around the room of deadbeats, before returning his gaze to the now-human boy. "If you wanna die, I can kill yah?" He was fairly confident in that. Even the undead and be killed. They just need to have nothing left, one good shot will blow to the head and boy the boy apart. Until all those pieces (if they still exist) are rejoined, he won't even know he's still alive. Meaning he will be dead. "If you wanna live, I can give yah life." Those two men, who were killing each other only moments ago, missing parts of their body, barely any flesh left of their face, yet they were both smiling, happy. They weren't worried about dying, yet they just fought to the death, reason? Because they are enjoying living, and that joy can overwhelm fear and make even the darkest place in this land, seem just a little brighter.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 12:36 am

A chill went down Zero's spine. His eyes widened and he began shaking like a leaf. "N-n-n-n-n-no t-t-t-t-t-t-thanks.... I-I-I don't wanna d-d-d-d-die...." muttered Zero almost incoherently as he tried to stand up, though he had to grip the table hard to keep himself on his weak legs. This turned out to be bad as he accidentally used too much strength in his nervouness and made the table flip over, spilling whatever was on the table itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 12:44 am

And down goes the drink. Everything on the table, just smashing onto the ground. The entire tavern when silent. The band stopped playing, the roughhouses stopped fighting, the chatter closing into an eerie drift of wind. You could almost hear Tumu's eyebrow lift in confusion as the entire tavern was now focused on what happened in the back corner. If they have learnt anything here, its that you don't...fuck...with Tumu's...Drinks! Lost was one full bottle of rum and one half bottle of donkey piss, or something like that. Fortunately, Tumu would holding on cup in his hand, so he would slowly throw the rest of that back, before throwing it at the wall, shattering it, before coming to his feet. Grabbing all his shit, and walking out. On his way, he would grab the boy by his cuff and drag him along, whether he wanted to go or not.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 12:50 am

Zero was confused for a second, having smacked his head against the floor with the fall. He rubbed his head when he suddenly froze. Things were quiet, a little too quiet. He would look around the room and realize everyone was looking at him. He gulped and slowly looked behind him, flenching as something broke against the wall. He would look up just in time to see Tumu reaching for him. Zero, sure he was about to be killed, curled up into the fetal position and awaited death, silently whimpering, his chest heaving as tears began to flow. He really was about to die. Why did he have to come here? Why did he have to be such a scaredy cat? Why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   15th August 2015, 1:05 am

After having dragged him outside, around the corner and down an alley, they would find themselves are yet another abandoned building, this one looking as though half had burned down, making a very big entrance for them to walk in. There was a dead guy in the corner, but he seemed to have been their for awhile. In any case, Tumu would toss the boy up against a wall, before unhinging his rifle again, pointing it at the kid. Looking at him carrying on like a wuss with nothing but disapproval.  "Usdi..." He would mutter to himself, typically translating to baby in his native tongue. This was all he had to say before blasting a bullet his way, ripping past the sound barrier like an explosion. It was over in little more then a blink. The bullet having already phased straight through, and into the lands crust before taking a physical presence, rupturing the ground like an earthquake aftershock. Usdi.
Spoiler:

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   3rd September 2015, 11:09 pm

Zero was broken down in tears trying to curl up into a little ball as Tumu pointed the gun at him. This was where h was going to die. He had nothing notable in his life. He wasn't able to get far as a knight. All he could do was piss people off. Whether it be Can, his parents, his clan or even this guy. Would he have pissed Carmen off had she been around him more? Maybe he would have, that would have been the worst. But at least it wouldn't occur. He was about to die here and now. If only he could get a second chance he would try to change. He would become tougher and make Pandora and Carmen proud. He would show his Xan Ibwa and his clan that he wasn't an embarrassment.

All these thoughts went through his head as he stared down the barrel of Tumu's rifle. When the shot occurred, he didn't scream. He wouldn't. If he was going to die here, he would do at least one thing right. He would die without screaming no matter how badly he wanted to. But death never came as the bullet pierced through him. It was strange. He could feel his body shifting, becoming one with the elements. His body was becoming the embodiment of Phase.

Zero looked completely confused as he looked from his hands to Tumu. Why did this guy not kill him? Zero had seemed to piss him off beyond anyone he has ever pissed off before. So why did this guy spare him. He was speechless as he stared open mouthed at the drunkard gunsman.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   4th September 2015, 2:09 am

He would run his hand through his thickened hair, sighing to himself while his other hand neared his mouth with a tin flask. His rifle had already been strapped to his back, wasting not another second to begin walking away. Honestly, there was hardly any point in stuff like this. He would pause, looking over his shoulder slightly to address the boy with the puzzled look. He didn't know why he still lived. The answer the simple. "There are no happy immortals. Life is a worse punishment than death. Even so, you will seek it out, not knowing the pain it will bring." Slow turn of the neck, another drink and off he went, walking like a drunk, miserable. No immortals smile. They don't laugh. They get through each day with a single thought. Legacy? Love? Liquor? Whatever they use to drown out the abundant time they have, will always be sometime which has to eventually expire. Down through the alleyways, dragging along walls and drinking to himself, returning to what he was doing before stumbling upon the young boy.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   7th September 2015, 1:26 pm

Zero was stunned as he watched the man walk away. His life was spared, but what Tumu said was true. It rang deep in his heart. Zero clenched his fists and shut his eyes tight, choking back tears. He was so tired of his life. He had always been useless, tossed aside as if he was nothing. He was trash. "I'm tired of being weak..." he would mumble to himself before making his way to his feet. He would look toward Tumu and before he disappeared he would shout. "Wait! Please... I wanna be strong. Im tired of being afraid and seen as trash. Please! Be my mentor!" This was it. If Tumu denied him as well then there would be no one left for him to seek out here in Pandora. He would be a failure. Who knows, maybe he would be better off living as a hermit on his own that way he doesn't have to get hurt or bother anyone anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   27th September 2015, 12:23 am

Tumu would stop for a moment, thinking about the question which had been pressed towards him. Sorry, the statement, almost an order. This kid...he had shown no worth what so ever, hell anyone could have been better. He doesn't even compare to Tumu's other apprentices, whom are all very serious and already remarkably dangerous, not to mention viciously evil in some form or another. "Come back with someones head." He would say. Marking that until this boy has proven his determination with blood, he won't even consider training the loser. And there better be none of that half assed shit either, like he just took it from someone else, or its still alive or crap like he. He must go out of his way, murder someone, cut off their head, and bring it to Tumu. With his order now in the open, Tumu would leave to do as he was detailed to do earlier.

{exit}

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping in the Streets (Tumu)   

Back to top Go down

Camping in the Streets (Tumu)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1