HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to NB or Welcome back, either way your here now. Awesome <3

Share | 

Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miasma

PostSubject: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 6:09 pm

Rika leaned over the edge of the ship and gazed out at the sea. There was no land in site in any direction which gave an the feeling of being lost. Of course the captain knew exactly where they were, but it was still hard to shake the feeling. The ship itself was massive, it had to be in order to house all the troops it was transporting. The passengers all seemed a bit nervous, for many of them it was their first time at war, Rika was technically one of those people but she had experienced enough battles to know what war would be like. She let out a sigh as the wake splashed up and misted over her skin. It was a very cool feeling which became cold as the wind blew on her now wet skin, sending chills up her arms. So much time had passed since her induction into the shogunate, so much had changed. Rika fondly looked back on the day she met Jasmine and Rebecca, she was under orders to carefully watch them, but things changed and Jasmine became one of her first friends. Now things were different, Rika was likely to die within the next couple years, the lifetime of shinobi was expected to be very short, but at war it was even shorter. Whether she die fighting for the shogun or live to see victory, Rika didn't know, but she was prepared for what lay behind that horizon that hung over the glistening waves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 6:24 pm

Blessed be those who abide by Kami's word and deliver those unto him, blessed be those who slay evil in the name of the Lord and devote thyselves to singing praises and worship onto him. Vendetta said after opening her eyes having led a prayer session for the troops who worshipped Kami, it was the much needed morale to face the unknown. Many of them had never fought in actual war before having not participated fully in the battles a year ago, Vendetta herself was not scared if she were to die then she would rest knowing that she would ascend to heaven and forever sing praises in Kami's name. She would walk outside, and gaze upon the deck her eyes sweeping around to make sure no sinful activity was taking place where she could see and as she walked past people she would affix a kind smile to whomever greeted her. She would spot her fellow Blade and would walk towards her before stopping about 4 ft away and looking towards the water yet making no effort to say anything as she saw Rika was deep in thought.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 6:45 pm

Rika stared out towards the sea for several more seconds before noticing Vendetta's presence. Rika had noticed her when they were boarding but hadn't seen her since. The ship was so large it was easy to not see another passenger over the course of the entire voyage. Rika tended to find herself uncomfortable around Vendetta, the lifestyle of the two women were drastically different, and yet they still both found themselves to be serving the shogun with unmatched loyalty. "It's peaceful here... don't you think? For the number of people on the ship its quiet." she said to Vendetta without turning. "I believe they call it the calm before the storm." she added. "Are you headed to Anguish as well or taking a different route once we reach origins?" she asked. The land of Anguish was the front door to the ASC, once they broke through it there was no stopping their march across the allied shinobi nations.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 6:57 pm

Vendetta would nod strumming her finger tips on the railing before answering, "Yes, it is a pity that such peace is only a prelude to war. I'm going deeper into the Land of Graves, I need to correspond with the missionaries I left behind in the Temple of Kami within Paradox. But until I do I will make my way through Hakagakure to do my part." Vendetta said moving her left hand to grasp the cross pendant on her necklace as she was eager to return, she knew nothing had happened to the temple in her absence no, if something had tried to attack it, she would of known instantly and would of moved heaven and earth to get to it to defend that which was erected in the Lord's name. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of speaking without the others being present, perhaps you could tell me about yourself and I can do the same, who knows we might be meeting our Maker as a result of this war and might never get the chance to on the battlefield." she said letting go of the pendant and glancing at Rika through the corner of her eye.

Spoiler:

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 7:15 pm

Ahh so she was headed through Hakagakure. They would most likely be fighting on different fronts then, although she wasn't certain on the specifics of how Cyrus planned to organize the attacks. Rika peaceful nature was interrupted with a sharp headache that seemingly came from nowhere. She clutched the railing tightly out of the surprise that came with the pain, but after a minute or so she got used to it. What was it though? Rika wasn't known for randomly getting migraines like that. "I s-suppose we can umm..." she try to speak, but it was hard to keep her train of thought under the pain. Rika cleared her throat and tried again "I suppose we can talk, but what would you want to know? My past isn't particularly special." she said as she turned to Vendetta with a warm smile. The smile dropped as she was hit by another wave of pain. Suddenly everything seemed a lot brighter and hurt her head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 7:27 pm

Vendetta would notice Rika wince before her eyes would be saddened a bit as she realized that she was probably hurting her ally unknowingly, she would raise her hand making a halt gesture before ruffling in her pockets to pull out a scroll and ink brush before writing a note and passing it to Rika. "I'm sorry, I forgot, one of my abilities I gained upon awakening hurts those with sin perhaps you could read my lips while I speak instead or I could just write." she wrote before mouthing out sorry as she truly didn't remember that her recent prayer didn't simply extend to those who were her enemies but even allies who weren't fully on board with remaining righteous even the innocent were harmed as her voice was merely an echo for the Word of Kami as her body was nothing but a vessel for his splendor at this point in time. Perhaps she could.. whisper and maybe it would hurt less then again that was doubtful unless she muttered as it wasn't based on volume it was more so based on the power within her words itself.

"I was hoping we could talk about anything, perhaps your hopes and dreams for the future, or maybe we can discuss the war effort, it's up to you really." Vendetta would mouth out without using her voice to speak so as not to give Rika anymore headaches, most shinobi were competent if not skilled mouth readers part of the trade, and it wasn't as if she was speaking fast either so it wouldn't be too hard to grasp what she wanted to say.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 8:04 pm

Rika would wait patiently as Vendetta fished out a scroll to write on. Once she was done and Rika's migraine began to fade away she couldn't help but laugh. "I guess that makes me a sinner, that's umm... unfortunate." she remarked. Although Rika laughed it off it was pretty clear that it bothered her. It wasn't anything new to Rika, she knew what she had done throughout her lifetime. While she didn't worship any particular god, it still wasn't the greatest feeling to be more or less told you're a sinner. Everything she did was for a cause that she believed in though, so she had no regrets, if being a sinner was what it takes to end the war then by all means. Rika had to pay a bit more attention to read Vendetta's lips but she managed to make out what she was saying. "I only hope to see my Shogun rule what he deserves. And I hope peace will follow that joyous occasion." she replied. "As for you, how did you come to be in the Shogun in the first place? For some reason a bloody warfront doesn't seem like the preferred place for someone of your beliefs." Rika asked. She was originally suspicious of Vendetta when V joined the Blades, but the suspicions have since diminished, the woman had proven herself loyal and that's all that mattered to Rika.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    17th March 2015, 8:27 pm

Vendetta would nod in agreement as it was unfortunate she didn't like that her fellow Blades were sinful, though in comparison to Rainer prior to Vendetta cleansing him of sin she wasn't all that bad, she was a pale yellow. Honestly if not for the fact that her voice now held power she wouldn't mind it at all she knew people who were bright yellow and she still spoke to them like any other while sure she preferred conversing with those who weren't tainted by any sin at all but as long as one was mortal it was only natural to sin. If you don't mind I can preform a prayer to cleanse you of it? Though I agree with your wish, the Shogunate has much for the Shinobi World if not for the Shinobi breaking off and trying this revolution the likes of Pandora and the Dobutsu never would of had an opportunity to flourish. Vendetta said gripping the railing tightly causing the metal bar to become slightly warped as she despised the events which lead to the situation as it was now. So many lives lost and for what? To reclaim an independence so to commence continuous power struggles to prove which "village" was the greatest, no the Shogunate is the place for one like me as the Shogun is the only means of restoring lasting peace to the Shinobi World that is what I believe. Besides, do not think because I aspire to be righteous that I am unfamiliar with bloodshed, after all the enemies of Kami only deserve to be purged from their mortal coils, for me this is one step in regain control of the Origin Continent and once the ASN and the Dobutsu are purged we can focus our attention to the true threat, Pandora.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    18th March 2015, 2:16 am

When Vendetta offered to pray to cleanse Rika, she wasn't sure how to respond. Rika had no idea what that entailed or what it did, did she have to worship Vendetta's god? How could her sins be truly forgiven? "Cleanse me? I... I'm going to have to pass. Not out of fear of the prayer or anything, honestly. I think that the awful things I've done in the past are there for a reason. I think me being considered a sinner is a good thing, it serves as a reminder of what I've done, and I never want to do those things again. I deserve any judgement cast upon me, but I will try to right those wrongs with my own actions, I think only then, can I be truly redeemed of it." she explained to Vendetta. Simply being prayed over to cleanse herself wouldn't bring Rika the psychological closure that she wanted. Even if in the end Rika was still considered a sinner by Vendetta's religion, she wouldn't mind, she wanted to earn herself forgiveness.

Vendetta began speaking very fervently about why she believed the Shogun deserved to rule. So much so that it was almost intimidating to watch. "You're right, forgive me. It wasn't fair for me to alienate you due to your beliefs. You have just as much reason to be here as I do and for that I thank you. I'm glad to have someone as loyal to the shogunate as myself by my side and as an ally. Once things have settled down perhaps we can sit down and become friends as well." Rika apologized, realizing the rudeness of what she had said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    18th March 2015, 3:51 am

Vendetta would listen to what Rika had to said and honestly she was the first person she had heard own up to their sin and not attempt the easy way out, she liked that and Rika had earned Vendetta's respect for those words. Well met, those words of yours it shows that you have the true commitment to bettering yourself rather than taking the easy way out, and it is fine I am not offended you are not the first comrade to misread me. Just the other day Rainer tried to kill me during a spar when I gave my honest opinion on things, but I am very forgiving we are brothers and sisters in arms are we not. But I'm glad that you would like to potentially become my friend as so would I. she mouthed out with a sincere smile before turning back to watch the waves and thinking of what to say next pausing for a bit to collect her thoughts before she could string something together.

Do you have any family in the Shogunate? I myself am native to Samuigakure what of you?

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    19th March 2015, 5:00 pm

Rika nodded, it must be difficult to instantly be judged due to ones own beliefs. Sure Rika had been under the fire of the same thing before, but not nearly as bad, and not nearly as often. Still, she was thankful that Vendetta agreed with what she had said and wasn't upset that Rika had turned down the cleansing. When Vendetta looked back to the waves, Rika followed her gaze and got lost in them once again. After a pause Rika turned to V as she began to speak again. So she was from samuigakure, Rika had been there a couple times, wasn't her favorite village, but it wasn't awful either. "There is no family of mine in the shogunate currently, but in the past my family was well known for producing shinobi that dedicated their lives to the shogun. I suppose that's why I'm here now, to carry on that legacy." she paused as she thought about her family and the hard time she had growing up with no interest to be a shinobi, but was pressured into it. Not forced, just pressured, Rika didn't like to displease her family. "I am from Dipugakure, although for many years my home was simply where I laid down that night. I traveled all across origin for the shogun before the war broke out and I settled down into the western continent." she explained

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    25th March 2015, 11:11 am

Vendetta would nod it seems they were similar in that they wandered around, truly after her father and squad's death and seeing how readily Samuigakure accepted the rule of Pandora she didn't consider it her home anymore. She had roamed the Origin Continent stopping in Hakagakure and recruiting people into the church where she could and alternated between living there and within the Temple of Kami but truly she didn't consider either of them her home. I can understand what you mean, honestly I still do not believe I have a home though I am hoping when all of this is over I could become just a missionary spreading the word of Kami throughout the world. she mouthed out her face pensive but would eventually have a small smile when she thought about what she would do after the war and Pandora was destroyed. Do you have any plans for the future, they say one can only truly live if they have something to live for. Then again are you similar to myself living for something in particular something that wouldn't change even if they do not need you for killing and war anymore. she followed with only to learn forward so her elbows were on the railing rather than her hands which were currently being used to prop her head up.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Miasma

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    16th April 2015, 6:17 pm

Vendetta's devotion to her god was quite admirable. Usually zealots like that irritated Rika, but V was different. She wasn't irritatingly preachy, not to Rika at least, she was just a firm believer in what she stood for, which is something Rika was able to relate to and respect. "After the war? I'm honestly not certain I'll see the end of it in my lifetime... but I suppose I would serve the shogun until I was of no use to him anymore, and them retire. Maybe live alongside some of my friends that aren't shinobi. Try to experience some of the life that I never had a chance to I guess." she said. "I live for the Shogun." she added. Rika really wasn't too sure what she would do after retiring. It depended largely upon the affairs of Jasmine and Rebecca. She figured if she settled into the civilian way of life, it would be with their help. Jasmine had already helped Rika overcome her inability to be social and to live outside of her duties a little bit. She still wasn't particularly great at those things, but she was worlds ahead of where she used to be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    16th April 2015, 6:45 pm

I see, the parallel's between us, it is nice to learn that I am not considered odd because of my beliefs, that there are other's like me devoted to one thing or the other. she mouthed out with a smile at the end, it was nice that Rika had friends that she could stay with and socialize with. Honestly other than her fellow missionaries and the few apprentices she had taken every now and then she was pretty lonely and had no friends with her first couple having died due to that mission she was on or had aligned with Pandora and thus she had to forcibly break off their friendships when she left Samuigakure. She considered Rainer her friend but she knew that she would have to really put in work for that friendship to continue, she also did remember that girl she met in the Pits but she hadn't seen her in quite a while and did wonder whatever happened to her. Still if she could count Rika as another friend she would be glad as it was one thing to have comrades but to have comrades who were also your friends well those were the people you really wanted to have at your back during a battle.

Cherish:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing    

Back to top Go down

Sea Travel is truly.... Anguishing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1