HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

Limit and Tier change ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Basara

PostSubject: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 10:17 pm

So been super sick lately and have been sleeping a shit ton. But when I've been awake I've been thinking on things of nb, mainly techniques and stuff.

Well I was thinking of Endurance and how compared to most tiers its vastly underestimated. Same as Barrier. I was also thinking about how most attacks on here people usually die in one hit. Making dodging a mainstream thing, which can sometimes be boring.

Well I had an idea. What if we made Stamina as sort of like an HP system. And have endurance tiers give more to it, while barrier give more to the mental limiters like berserk limit and seduction limit? And make it so attacks when struck reduce stamina, bringing more in to the damage factor because as ones stamina is reduced they can suffer tier loss and exhaustion. Making it more like being damaged. Meanwhile people, or the few who have taken serious damage continue to play on as if they are still at full power. I've done it before somewhat with Kazuki but mainly cause of pain tolerance.

So damage reduces stamina making stamina and defensive tiers more vital in the meta. Or at least meaningful.I also had a secondary idea for reducing the speed meta from just a Dodge fest.

Now bare with me.

Equal Speeds right now, people use to dodge each other. While anyone slower they just can't do much at all. So what if we did something like this.

2 speeds+ higher, capable of dodging.
1 speed higher, glancing blows, reduces wound severity.
Equal speeds, even, if not blocked, severity unchanged.

Now this can bring in a damage category like superficial, minor moderate high severe etc. The damage category can be set into tier loss. Etc.

Now this is just a rough proposal. I can work on the idea a bit more. I just wanna hear some thoughts before I put work into a rough draft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 10:26 pm

Endurance has it's uses, it's main use comes from it's mitigation of status effects, and it's use along with other things in tier chaining. Barrier likewise has it's own uses in regards to mental based status effects, sanity, and other things like that which just like Endurance becomes viable for damage reduction when used with Tier Chaining.

Also people die in one hit, depending on where they are hit, adding a hp system will remove the viability of glancing blows or targetting vital points since everything would have set damage. Also there already is an injury system up, it's been up for a while maybe you missed it because you were gone or something but it is in the Fatigue & Recoil information concerning taking hits and damage, there even is one for how much chakra or what other energy source(s) you use in terms of depletion.

Speed meta has it's counters no one has put the effort to making them more viable in terms of use because it's simpler to just conform to it, nerfing speed would just further prevent any of those counters from surfacing.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Co

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 10:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestion tet.

Personal opinion.

This takes away from the Roleplay experience. In regards to your speed concept, the main thing people don't factor is distance. If you are close range, equal speed won't do anything for you. If you are far away, a speed 2 ranks lower may suffice. Another aspect is acceleration. People don't suddenly reach Crashing grounds, they start at swift, and go through bullet first. (unless you have a specific acceleration technique.) There shouldn't be any need to add in more rules surrounding this, people just need to think of the situation properly to deal with dodgers and such.

I'm also not a fan of the site becoming more of a numbers game than it already is.

That's my five cents worth.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 10:49 pm

Didn't know about the bit in the stamina and recoil department. So nvm about that.

I still think endurance and barrier are underappreciated so adding in things like more stamina for endurance and more limits for barrier would be a bit better as well. But that's just my opinion.

It wasn't necessarily an HP bar. I just meant like causing more reduced stamina, which it already does lol. And of course.. You get your lungs hit or brain or heart etc yeah your pretty much dead. Lol. Anyways this is no longer a factor since we kinda have it already.

As for the meta, yeah there are ways around it. It was just an idea because of what Cola said. Yeah, a lot of people don't realize it or use it unless they have to. Which its not clearly written anywhere so most just go from like 0 to 60. No one factors in distance and acceleration. Some sometimes don't even factor in distance + speed for using techniques with hand signs. They will often just pop them out one after another. Now idk if anyone still does it but there might be. Haven't read fights much lately and just was trying to cover some bases.

In most fights, if two people have a fight with the same speeds it basically just becomes a dodge fest. Most things aren't factored in. Like for instance.

Someone strikes and the other dodges by running backwards or to the side, who's to say that the moment you move so did your opponent to keep up with you. Then, something that should be a hit, just turns into a constant running thing. And during that times they also begin popping off hand seals or something when they should be more worried about being cut or hit or something in a time frame one wouldn't necessarily have to do so when someone with the same speed is right up on them. Which is why I got the idea for making a little speed process in which even if you have the same speed or even slightly higher speed your still not safe and thus creating more need for defensive techniques and such while making fighting a bit more strategic. Do I block this or take the hit to dish a hit. Rather than oh same speed as me? I'll just dodge and attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 11:02 pm

If they can dodge, they should be allowed to dodge, and the person firing off techs should be using their skills better. If they can't dodge, but try to anyway, I simply state why it wouldn't be possible and win. Simple as that. What you are asking is for an inability to avoid attacks via speed without having speed two ranks higher, creating the exact same problem your trying to fix for the person on the other side of the situation. Speed will be a meta again, and people will just try to get even higher speed tiers. At close range, if you're attempting to avoid an attack with equal speed, you better describe it well, as that's what separates RP skill levels, not just a difference in technique ranks. At medium to long range, its the fault of the user for blasting off an avoidable technique with no fall back.

Things such as acceleration and distance aren't written as factors, no. But they are things which exist in the real world, they are 'real' cases of common knowledge(CK) not just cases of CK in regards to chakra or other crap like that. If anyone thinks 'same speed, I'll just dodge', I am confident in my ability to royally fuck that person up with an inferior character. On the other hand however, if their are rules in place as to what requirements are needed for certain tasks like avoiding and dodging, then it only supports the idea of not thinking about actions or other possible factors. Returning to my point of taking away from the rp experience and making it was systematic.

Again, personal opinions.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   31st August 2015, 11:08 pm

Their uses aren't point-blank. They are crucial in other things but since everyone tends to fight the same way it's as if they aren't useful when that is not in fact the case. They are plenty of things Endurance and Barrier are for, but like I said people tend to fight...the same way. High Physical, popping off jutsu or spamming gen. That's it.

In terms of the speed thing, it is what Coco said, there are many factors people can use to mitigate the high speed thing, it shouldn't be our job to induce limits on an effective combat style when others haven't made the effort to find other ways around it. The only way a meta evolves is if people don't become complacent, which is what has happened members see one way of doing things and all decide to do that forgetting that it was someone who introduced it in the first place. When someone else decides to put effort into using one of the high speed counters, then more will see that some times doing everything one way isn't a smart thing to do.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limit and Tier change ideas   

Back to top Go down

Limit and Tier change ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1