HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to NB or Welcome back, either way your here now. Awesome <3

Share | 

The Elephant In The Room

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amon

PostSubject: The Elephant In The Room   10th October 2016, 10:33 am

Guys, what the fuck! Not one regular post since the 6th, the site hasn't seen any real activity since the ......not really just menial shit, no IC progress from what I'm seeing through this list.

What the hell is going on? Are we finished here? Because we can't wait for vix to show up every time in order to breathe life into the site. we have to love this site for our own reasons and that can't depend on one fucking person.

Props to mitsu for trying to man up and checking over haio's shit.  Even hough he didn't look at mine or anything at least a man without an @ is trying to do shit.  Now here is the problem, denying training for those who want to do the job.

Armen wants to pick up the pace and help out, i seen his as in the chatbox a lot more than most, fucking train him. I don't care if you don't like him, have a problem with him, give people a chance to keep this site movng and breathing if you cant be bothered to do so.

I don't want to fight with blade anymore, i don't want to play the politically correct game with yuki anymore,  i don't want to treat the chatbox and discord as a hangout spot and not  do anything on site, like  how zaki would lurk nowadays and i guess shoot the shit. Or even bette yet, twiddling my thumbs with her and armen in the chatbox to wait for shit to happen or a mod or some progress, only for it to end in some kind or retarded fight because of personal beef. How could i want that for the site that i gave years to?

We need to move forward. If one mod can make a difference, lets get one.  If ghost is having his life crisis and can't do it because personal shit *that we all know of somewhat, keeping it discreet ghost*, then we need  to realize thats one less modder, and like Blade like to say *going behind blade to approve things*, that's one less grader of techs*

Ghost isn't the best, that's some judgmental shit you would say,  but for every "Try", that;s an inaction of someone whose self-proclaimed as better for the job that's not taking towards these piling up problems on the site.

Am i being confrontational, yes? I honestly don't care about the responses to this, but please read this and wake the fuck up. We cannot let this site die,at least call it quits so they know why.  If i feel like i give a shit more and everyones lax enough to wait for this instead of acting right now

Vix
Spoiler:

Then what the fuck has become of us? Where you at Constantine? IDGAF  if you hate me for this, cool.  But this is my attempt open some eyes and address the real problem.

Site suggestion? -More activity, how about that? Paying yourself every fucking week isn't activity,  and i hate myself that that's what I've amounted to with the current status of the site.

And before some asshole deltes this thread, already saved this post and sent to vix.

Wake up people.. this is our home.

Self Reminder

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armenezra

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   10th October 2016, 11:09 am

Fine, on that let me go off of Amon's pass. I re-volunteer myself to be trained as a moderator by whoever you people trust. We don't need much to bring the site back to life, really all we need until Aurielle gets back to point us in the right direction is someone to grade, deny or approve things. The first time i brought this to everyone's attention, it all blow up in my face and became an issue of me not being trust worthy. That's easily fixed by having someone looking over my shoulder, until you can. I really don't care if its blade or Mitsu overseeing what i do, this is really a job with no benefits. I'm volunteering because i know i can do it, i've done it many places before. This is as plain and uncontroversial as i can put this, thank you Amon for seeing my point that day. If the answer is still no, then that's just fine by me, just less responsibility on my plate but i cant shake the feeling that we'd be denying the inevitable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatta

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   10th October 2016, 12:58 pm

-w- *notices site* What's this OwO

Well I'll put in my two cents... Yeah I've know I've been the ultimate lurker, a title i hold with some cynicism and not pride... But I realized recently... I love this place... This place has been my home for over 5 years. Back when i sucked at rping, down to me sucking less as a mod. I've had crazy times here. I've fought with people I love, made friends with people I couldn't stand initially, had some crazy theories on the going ons on the inner minds on a select few characters. Either way...

My point is... *cue LL Cool J*
DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK! I'VE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS!!! BEEN ROCKIN WITH MY PEERS!

I know my real life has gotten in the way of things but I'm going to make an active attempt on well... Being active. I'll be on at least once a day. And when it comes to mod duties, I know i haven't been staff for a long time but I'm going to take it upon myself to Pre-approve things and brush up on the new systems.

I love this place and don't really want to see it go... Also I noticed i'm almost out of the top posters so I gotta fix that....

Characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitsuton

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   10th October 2016, 1:18 pm

I can tell you the reason why the site "dies" when Vix isn't here: she is the person everyone defers to when they need help. She is the person who knows all the info on mechanics things, whether they are posted for all to see or theoretical situations. She knows all the plots and events that are going to happen. She is the central knowledge codex of this site, so it only makes sense people will be lost when she is gone.

This does not mean other people cannot help. Blade knows a ton of stuff about the site, but when he doesn't know something who does he go to? Vix. Con knows stuff, I would assume, but he's barely around. Ghost makes a valiant effort at things, but he is still a bit of a work in progress. And as for me, I don't know everything. I am still learning mechanics and figuring out how to structure some kinds of techniques. I just made my first line of complex-ish taijutsu (Proud of myself ^.^). On top of that, I am often confused about the things I think I know. All in all, I am a bit of an unreliable source when it comes to anything that is not simple.

The main reason why we're inactive is life problems, though. We're all pretty much caught in dead topics with people who aren't on a lot. I think as soon as this Time skip is done, things will move along. It makes me a bit sad that Vix being gone has slowed down the site, but it is only natural since she is one of maybe two people who knows where things are going and how the system in its entirety works. And the other person has been gone for a while, it seems.

My Lil Monsters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenji

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   11th October 2016, 6:34 pm

(This is amazing)

You know me as another infamous lurker. I drop by to chat with my old friends and such. I won't be making a reappearance on this site ICly, but I just wanted to say I had some fun reading this post. Amon isn't wrong, though I disagree with the way he went about it, it's effective. Mitsuton is right though, you guys need Vix because she's the ring leader. She usually holds her cards close to her chest and unfortunately she constantly holds about 51 of the 52 card deck at any given time. Just try to keep RPing and maybe develop some character arcs or something until she can kick off the main event.

Anyway,

HI HAT, LONG TIME NO SEE
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   11th October 2016, 11:06 pm

"i don't want to play the politically correct game with yuki anymore"

私は政治が大嫌いですよ。

That being said.... I don't have many ideas myself so I don't really initiate things which in turn makes me less active. But if you want character interaction or whatever, I'm game.

Characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatta

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   12th October 2016, 11:27 am

Ayyyy it's Kenji! Sup brah, I missed you man. I thought you stop visiting NB all together! Glad to seeya!

Characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   12th October 2016, 4:02 pm

There are supposed to be 4 different plots going on, The Pandora one which Xander? Had put up somewhere, Armen's Superhero one which I honestly had no idea how it was going to be done, a Team 8 plot for the ASN and a plot for the Shogunate. Those at the very least can be done without my supervision. The only one which really had some semblance of a plan is the first the others can be ironed out by the participants. All in all it should at least give every faction something to do and due to you guys coming up with how each plot is going to go it means that there is no lack of moderation.

So the ball in in your courts..

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Cola

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   13th October 2016, 5:01 am

The old ones are out! Good to see a post with Ken and Hat in it.

Personally I have very little interest in RPing these days regardless of whether or not Rika is here. I'm still around in the chat and what not, but don't see myself gaining any muse for quite awhile at least. As always I'm around if someone is really desperate, but I make it very clear that I don't really want to do anything.

Regardless, I've danced this dance many times Amon, so I get where you're coming from. Hope it picks up for you man.

(Glad to see you're alive Kenji/Hat <3)

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elephant In The Room   

Back to top Go down

The Elephant In The Room
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1