HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

So. In case you missed it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who should be on the site staff?
None of the former mods & should chose new ones from scratch.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Roxas Era Mods (Goro, Blade, Knight, Cola)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Former Mods (Blade, Mitsuton, Zakiyoshi)
33%
 33% [ 5 ]
"Current" Mods (Blade, Goro, Mitsuton, Zakiyoshi, Armenezra)
33%
 33% [ 5 ]
Mechanics Only (Blade, Mitsuton, Armenezra)
27%
 27% [ 4 ]
Approvals Only (Zakiyoshi, Gorotsuki)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Single Mod (Please state your choice as a reply)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please state your choice as a reply)
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: So. In case you missed it.   3rd May 2017, 2:09 pm

So if you haven't noticed I have no more mods, this was a decision made after several problems occurred which put me in a tight spot where I didn't want to pick and choose who would remain as mods. As a result after thinking about it and still realizing I still don't want to choose I'm going to be leaving the decision with everyone instead. This poll will be going on for the entire month of May since it is important to the site as a whole. Unlike the last one I will be sticking to whatever decision is voted on by the collective and hopefully the decision of the majority will turn out to be the favorable one.

If not then I guess those picked, if any are picked at all will just have to deal with it. What I do know however is that I'll continue to be the sole admin, as I have been in the past. Nor will there be anyone else promoted to admin in the near or far future from now on. Anyways please vote, everyone even those who are rarely in the cbox or discord if at all, no vote should be wasted.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Last edited by Aurielle on 16th May 2017, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com Online
Amon

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   3rd May 2017, 8:22 pm

I felt the need to tell everyone how i voted, and why I voted the way that I did. The choices seem good to a degree, but the current line up for "Specific" jobs is the more optimal choice. Putting blade, Mitsu, and Armen on mechanics is a good choice. Why? Well for starters, it's blade and he's good. Seem's self-explanatory, it's not really about him, it's about Mitsu and Armen. I think that we need new faces, Mitsu has shown that he could make optional decisions at time, and Armen knows his way around mechanics. Armen saying "it's his last RP", and he's willing to utilize his time and experience in order to help get mechanics done faster, why not give put Armen and mitsu on equal footing and give blade permission to have the final say if something is amiss. These minor corrections could allow them to learn from their mistakes, up to the point that Blade would feel that he doesn't have to peak over their backs anymore.

As for regular approvals, claims and stuff like that, Zaki and Goro can do that. Goro cannot, under any circumstances, do mechanics right now. He would need a bit of a refresher course and a long time of catching up to be "Comfortable" in order to do so, it's not NB 2012 anymore and a lot's chanced. Zaki has a bit of difficulty, and sometimes we could see how stressed she is with her own stuff, so I wouldn't put it on her to be responsible for other people's stuff when her hands are full. Lowers the stress, keeps people happy to do a job they know, and are confident, in doing

Mechanics- Blade(Head), Armen, and Mitsu *I don't think they should have an equal amount of wiggle room to blade yet, consider my idea as the "Training Wheels Era" before we can trust one's word as good as the others, even if vastly different opinions. (They could also do small approvals if quick and convenient for them.)

Approval Mods- Zaki and Goro ( This is fine, they can be comfortable with this and keep the ball moving. Chat and etc, even app approvals)

I'm not going to tell you how to vote, I won't. But take a look at the list of "current", if you already believe in Zaki, Mitsu, and blade, I can vouch for Armen, and Goro. Armen can be a great mechanic's mod, and goro just need's some seasoning on his chicken to be back to NB standards. Heck, the lineup we had before is what's tied with the "current" one, it sure as hell wasn't "current". Let's give these people a REAL chance now.

In no way whatsoever was this message to be rude or disrespectful to anyone who feels offended by what I said.

Self Reminder

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   3rd May 2017, 11:56 pm

Give Blade a role. (Or kill him...He knows too much.)

Other mods/roles depend on who's interested in them. There are people who do want to do it, but they need some type of training or some shit first. Give them a mod 'buddy' or something till they can do it all to a good standard.

Also, i didn't know it was called the 'Roxas era'? Lol?

That's what I think, but I don't pay much attention, so don't take it to heart.

Neo:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   4th May 2017, 3:56 am

i just ask that we all vote due to modding abilities, and not personal grudges

Savage AF:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   4th May 2017, 5:01 am

Fuck it, I'll put down my two cents here.

Firstly, my vote is partially based on some shit that has gone down that started this fucking mess in the first place. Personal bias and grudges? Yeah sure, it also indicates personal feelings towards some members and my stances on how they would be as a staff member based on how they act and react to certain situations.

Secondly, my vote is also based off of personal observation in regards to members and their overall knowledge of shit going down and how their attitudes are towards certain members.

To go further into detail on this--

Blade: Blade's contributed a shit ton to the site and it's honestly really fucking dumb to not include him in specific decisions such as reinstating a user into modship after they were voted off by the majority of the site. It is extremely unfair to do that especially with his position as the global moderator at the time and not allowing him to have his say as official staff and rather ignoring it.

The poll: The poll was made for people to cast their vote and personal opinion of the staff build for trial mods. That being said, there may have been personal bias by some users but gods damnit that's how a poll fucking works. And the votes themselves were fair. What's done was done and the moderator team was relatively balanced.

Moderator count: I honestly STILL fucking think, regardless of what you say Ghost that we do not need any more fucking moderators on this site as of right now. No, mods are not here to build techs for you, they are here to help you make edits to them so they work on the site. They are here to balance the techs so they're not broken to shit. But now I'm getting sidetracked. With our current userbase, there is not enough of a workload for moderators to require more fucking help. Once again, I have seen with three moderators alone that two mention being bored because they had absolutely NOTHING to do. We don't need more if 2/3 of the fucking mod team are BORED. Maybe when we get 100 active users will we need more mods but in current standing, no. I think even three mods may be too much as of right now. The ratio of staff to mod is too high at 4 staff to and average of what, 14? That's hardly anything for mods to do in terms of actual work, especially with that trial quota I recall Auri having at one point. Like it's too little to fit that unless people ration/spam-create a fuck ton of techs daily.

User listing: No. Just... Just no. Let's break this down shall we?

Quote :
None of the former mods & should chose new ones from scratch.
Honestly, good luck with this one. Because not only are you royally fucking the site over, it will hurt a bunch of people who actually do ask questions making Auri EVEN MORE depended on and just making the site run WORSE. None of the previous mods who actually knew shit would be obligated to help those that want or need it and they may not even help on their own from the lack of that. That would hurt the site more, and we've already seen how dead it is when Auri's on her breaks. It's already bad enough that people think they need to talk solely to Auri 90% of the time when Blade is just as knowledgeable about practically everything here.
Quote :
Roxas Era Mods (Goro, Blade, Knight, Cola)

Knight's retired. Cola strictly doesn't want to be a mod. Con's not anywhere NEAR in a good enough spot in terms of understanding mechanics of the site to mod at this time. This is also another self inflicting wound because two are behind in the site's overall information and two have retired.
Quote :
Former Mods (Blade, Mitsuton, Zakiyoshi)
This option is fine and has been fine. Yoshi's still learning but gods damnit she's making a fucking effort and to have to go through this unecessary shit is a slap in the face to all three of them.
Quote :
"Current" Mods (Blade, Goro, Mitsuton, Zakiyoshi, Armenezra)

Read above for thoughts on Con. In terms of Armen, I do have a bias against him. But it's not strictly to shit done to me, despite most of it being that way. He has a good grasp of site mechanics but his fucking ego needs some work. It's not even the "art joke" that peeves me this time. It's his 'apology'. But I'll go into that at the end here since it's not exactly about him being a moderator, more about him as a person. But what I do feel paranoid of is Armen having a case of bias to other members and abusing the approve/deny powers to those if they are not his "buddies". I won't doubt he could be fair, but his attitude tells me otherwise, that if he has the power to deny that he will use it if you brush him the wrong way.
Quote :
Mechanics Only (Blade, Mitsuton, Armenezra)
This option isn't that bad, but I'm still iffy with Armen's attitude to those who disagree with him.
Quote :
Approvals Only (Zakiyoshi, Gorotsuki)

No. No. Nononononononono. NO. This is another suicide option. Where the fuck is the balance here??? Yoshi's trying but even then, what she's working on most as far as I'm aware is combat. Just, no.
Quote :
Single Mod (Please state your choice as a reply)

I'm iffy about this option. Because this allows for personal bias but also critical analysis of each user met and how they would fare as a moderator. The choices could be as bad as "this person is a nice person and mai furendo" or as good as "This person is actually really smart about how this site works." The spectrum is so wide and available to extreme bias that it's painful to even consider the options that could spawn from this.
Quote :
Other (Please state your choice as a reply)
I don't even know where to go with this option.

Overall: If I'm being honest, this poll is very half-baked in my opinion and I'm severely disappointed if this is the grand plan to fix the team up. Because it seems to me all the choices are based on teams in the past, not considering the user's stances on being mods nor their knowledge of the site's mechanics to date.

In regards to Armen: The thing that I find incredibly insulting is your apology. I never received a copy and only found out through Yoshi after it happened. I assumed it wasn't anything truly important, just a "by the way" until she told me that in fact there was a mention of me, directed TO me in there. I don't know where this apology was sent, if it was over discord or via pms or posted here. But it wasn't brought to my attention personally by you despite addressing me in it somewhere. To make matters worse, not only did I not get the portion sent to me by you personally, but you had told others to relay it to me if they wished. Even then, I declined Yoshi's offer to relay it to me because I would very much rather have any 'sincere' apology directed to me sent by the person making it rather than relayed by others. To me this shows cowardice. If this was a precaution from fear or anxieties, I'm going to say right now that I wasn't going to fucking chew you a new one had you initially sent it to me around the same time EVERYONE ELSE got it. Moreover, Yoshi had to suggest to you that you send it to me yourself. Not only that but I had to start the conversation with you, asking into it to then receive it from you. Not once was that truly sent on your own accord but you were more pressured into it, and this tells me there was either hesitance or lack of sincerity in the apology. I have however accepted it and decided to give you another chance, but gods damnit I am not happy about how I had to get that from you because that was more pressuring you to do it rather than you actually confronting me like you did with everyone else.

Characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xander

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   4th May 2017, 8:35 am

Personal bias is irrelevant, staff should be given by who can do the job most effectively not who are the most agreeable. I agree with the statement of too many mods and thus it should be brought down to at most two, however no such option exists and casting a vote at other is pointless so out of the choices listed, I have decided to go with what would be more optimal to the site as a whole. We only need moderators for mechanics, and those who either post to slow or do not know enough about mechanics are useless as a moderator as far as I'm concerned, approvals take a couple of seconds when not counting techniques which can easily be done by any member of the staff that isn't lazy. In addition, when concerning techniques knowing mechanics is fundamental, you can't trust anyone who makes sub-par techniques to have the understanding to approve or reject your own.

Ultimately I see this whole scenario as the type of situation that arises when personal bias is factored into choosing moderators. If staff was chosen purely on capability and the admin was capable of making critical decisions without factoring their emotions on the subject, spreading information among their staff so that they weren't relied 24/7 by those who are incapable of learning the sites technicalities and maintained their distance so as not to get drawn into member based arguments then this wouldn't even be an issue. This is simply a case of being held back by emotion, if not then a poll wouldn't be needed and the proper choices would have already been made.

"I've grown disillusioned with the idea of a shinobi, innumerable amounts of them are seen running around throwing around flashy ninjutsu and have lost sight of what it truly means to be a true assassin. Perhaps I'll be the one to shatter that illusion, and reeducate the populace on what it really means...to be called, Shinobi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Armenezra

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   4th May 2017, 5:35 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If this was an ego trip then i wouldn't allow my name to be up there knowing how much trouble this caused me and the repeated bias that comes against my name.  I ensure you my ego is no bigger than anyone elses.

2) I'm here to serve. I've mod topics that does not benefit me, Ive taken time away from my characters to help build Factions and Genin(people can attest to that). Ive even taken time to moderate you, Yuki. The link on your sig "Im fucking slain" is a topic i moderated for both you and blade. I also moderated the topic where your character had obtained a living weapon. I've been helping since before i was considered for any position or power. So why all this?

3) Are we upset about how an apology was given? Of the two of us, I'm the only one who apologized so how am i a coward? Look i had to say something because looking at the polls i think at least 5 people really want to see the site grow, and aren't interested in personal grudges. It's seriously time to move on.

4) If i am to be judged, do it based on my skill and not based on what you heard.  I voted that we all stay. Im not asking you to vote the same, but im showing you that I am not playing favorites, I just think its best.

5) Let these polls be evidence to the statement that no ones position is safe. So no, i have no intentions of abusing power in any form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   15th May 2017, 10:20 am

So. The vote has ended like 2 weeks after I put it up only 15 people voted and...it was a tie between the current mods and the former mods. So I'm making an Admin decision to put Blade and Mitsuton as the only staff members. A number of points did hit home and while this whole thing has been a mess I do think with such a small site I shouldn't need more than two mods. Other people can still contribute to the site without being a member of the moderation staff like some of those members who have refused to be given such power in the past.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com Online
Armenezra

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   15th May 2017, 12:10 pm

Well congratulations Blade and Mitsu . Do your best guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basara

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   22nd May 2017, 10:40 pm

Know I'm posting on an old-ish post... but damn a lot seems to have gone down. o.o and... I had an era? Why was I know told! o.o Good day and good luck. ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So. In case you missed it.   

Back to top Go down

So. In case you missed it.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1