Join the fight against the Gobi in the Land of Graves

Share | 

Myconid Patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Myconid Patch   24th October 2017, 1:04 am

In the South-West, a long Myconid suffering from the ravages of time opened it's eyes yawning and shaking himself awake before turning ever so slowly to the sproutlings which had yet to wake up. It was yet another day and it was just about the time that the young Myconids who had been spored would gain consciousness after feeding on the nutrient rich soil they'd been given when they'd first been planted. Each one had some, but it was a finite amount and it came at quite the cost as their parents had sacrificed themselves into order to enrich the soil that their offspring would grow in with enough nutrients to support them till this day. It was a young Myconid's best chance at survival until they were old enough to fend for themselves.

Mushgran would shift himself out of the ground plopping out his arms and legs and proceed to look for a better spot so he could get to a nicer damp location in their home. It was dark and wet just like a Myconid liked it, and well hidden to keep away from predators that might make them a meal. Still he wondered which one of them would wake up first, he had longed for a conversation partner ever since the older generation had left to find food about five days prior.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumsmotions.com
Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   24th October 2017, 1:59 am

Autumn shifted in their spot slightly, waking up from their peaceful rest. They burrowed up from the dirt and stretched their limbs with a wide yawn. Their eyes blinked open, revealing deep orange orbs the same shade as their mushroom cap. Autumn took a look around for a moment before their eyes settled on the only other thing that was awake in the immediate area. The stood and took a few unsteady steps forward, nearly toppling over as they got used to their weight. They moved over to Mushgran and plopped down next to him, their eyes wide and curious "H-hello? Could you help m-me? I just woke up and....well I don't know anything, so I am p-pretty sure I need help..." Their voice was timid and shy, as everything they were suddenly experiencing was so new.

My Lil Monsters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   24th October 2017, 6:31 pm

Mushgran would turn to the little one who had just spoken to her and would smile with her gums showing not that Myconids really had teeth to begin with. "Ah you are the first to wake, but I saw you almost fall. Hm I shall name you Mushautumn yes that's perfect." Mushgran would nod to itself before realizing that the newly christened Myconid before her had asked a question. "Yes yes, you wish to know things, Mushgran knows lots of things. First and foremost welcome...this is truly eventful as it marks the first day of your conscious life. You and I, we are Mush (Myconids) we might not be the strongest or the fastest but we are born with a connection to everything around us and we can take a beating. You will probably be getting hungry soon after all the soil around you has run out of nutrients, luckily for you one of the older generation have sacrificed themselves to provide nutrient rich soil for you and the others. Once for each, that should be enough for you to survive for thirty days without starving to death.  I'm afraid however that water here is limited, even if you all rationed the water will run out in 10 days as we all need water way more than food to survive." Mushgran said with a frown before turning and pointing towards the north where light would trickle into their safe haven.

"Outside you can find water, unless you find a way to produce some for yourself, or drink more than the others. You should make your decision soon, as the others will most likely be waking up soon. This gives you as the eldest a brief window of opportunity, namely a head start over them. I will warn you though...the outside world is dangerous, and we Mush only have the ability to drain the nutrients out of things and our trump card, magic. But for a young Mush like yourself...take care to not rely on it too much, as it can let you down when you need it the most."

Back to top Go down
Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   24th October 2017, 7:29 pm

Mushautumn nodded through Mushgran's explanation of how things went and how they would be. They didn't want to take all of the water from the others, that would be cruel, but they also wanted to make sure they had enough to survive out in the forest, because that is definitely where they wanted to go. This place was nice, but outside? Outside whispered adventure, growth and ample amounts of fun to be had. Also room to practice this magic, which was definitely something they wanted to master as much as they could. They moved to collect their share of the nutrient rich soil and twelve days worth of water before moving towards the exit, but then something occurred to them. They turned to Mushgran with a curious look and a tilt of their stalk "Mushgran? How do I use my magic?"

My Lil Monsters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   24th October 2017, 7:55 pm

As Mushautumn looked around for the water they would find none while Mushgran looked on with a mirthful look, of course the water wouldn't be out in the open no it was all around them as the patch which was their dwelling was damp enough that water could be extracted from the ground to provide for them. Of course Mushgran wouldn't tell Mushautumn that unless they asked, which was why if they came back and asked about their magic he would tell them. "It should come to you, it's instinctual and everyone has a different feel for it. I will say though, if you are trying to mess with it please step about ten steps away from me and everyone else, you know just in case..." Mushgran said her eyes slightly widening as it realized that Mushautumn might just try using magic right away.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   16th November 2017, 8:50 pm

Mushautumn nodded at the words, the water forgotten from their mind for just a moment. They took the requested ten steps away from Mushgran, as well as away from the other Myconid that hadn't awoken. They then closed their eyes and attempted to focus his mana, letting the energy flow through his body and perform....whatever effect it would have when it formed magic. He would sit there for a long moment, simply trying to do whatever his mana did when it made a spell. If it didn't work the first time, he would just sit there for longer, focusing harder in order to try again. He knew that he would have to succeed sometime if he kept trying, but he would only try two times in here, in case his mana lashed out for being bugged so much and decided to destroy everything. Whether he needed to try twice or not, or if he actually did anything or just wound up sitting there with his eyes closed, Mushautumn would go back over to Mushgran with a curious look on his face, something reoccurring to him "Mushgran, where is the water you mentioned? I looked around, but I couldn't find anything. Is it hidden?"

My Lil Monsters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   16th November 2017, 10:27 pm

When Mushautumn tried the first time he would feel a tingling inside of his body as his mana flowed inside of him and then it would be suddenly used up and yet..nothing happened. However the second time he used it rather than nothing happening, other than the mana drain of course, he would get this feeling like he should head outside. Just in case such a phenomena hadn't distracted him from asking Mushgran he would find that Mushgran was dozing off. Mushgran would mumble in his half asleep state that the water was all around and then trail off leaving Mushautumn to try and figure it out for himself, or maybe he could go with that feeling of his and see where his magic was taking him.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mitsu

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   17th November 2017, 8:55 am

Mushautumn giggled at the sleeping Mushgran before looking at the ground at their feet. They moved over to a little patch and placed their hands onto the ground, their cap pressing comically against the dirt as well. They focused on draining whatever nutrients they could from the dirt in order to fuel themselves. Once that was done, Mushautumn would look at all the other sprouts in the patch closely, looking to see if any of them were close to waking up. He was more than a little bit wary about going out alone. He didn't know what the world outside was like, and he couldn't ask Mushgran any questions because they were sleeping. If any of them woke up, he would stay and walk over to them, waiting for them to fully wake up before striking up a conversation. If they didn't wake up, he would walk out of the patch and into the forest outside, following the strong pull of his magic to wherever it was going to lead him.

[Autumn Exits if no Myconid wake up]

My Lil Monsters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   17th November 2017, 10:28 am

Mushautumn would end up heading outside seeing as none of the other Myconids were up and about just yet though that was after it managed to successfully utilize Drain to drink some of the water which was hydrating the patch that they lived in. Once doing so the magic would lead it to the south though if it followed that it would find itself following a winding path towards some goal that it had no idea about. Regardless whether Mushautumn would put faith in it's magic or not suffice to say it was in for quite the journey whether it continued forward or decided to head back to the Myconid Patch.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myconid Patch   

Back to top Go down

Myconid Patch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1